Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:55 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:17 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:10 am
Posts: 862
Location: Reading way
I'm not sure how much cheaper they are but Oakley also do their Flakjacket and Flakjacket XLJ shapes with a prescription lens that is not a weird insert as with the Ms. I got some of these last year and they have been brilliant. Ace coverage and the lens is shaped right to the extremities so looks a bit thick at the edges but you lose no periferal vision.

In reletive terms even Ms are cheaper than a mid-range suspension fork so it's probably a worth while investment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:52 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:19 pm
Posts: 1102
Location: Brisbane
Always used to just wear my normal glasses out riding.

Changed to contacts last year. 90% of the time they are pure awesome (the other 10% is cos sometimes I get hayfever, and it makes things a bit difficult).

I use monthly soft lenses. Put them in at the beginning of the month, forget about them, take them out at the end of the month. I actually forget what my real vision is like! :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:24 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:42 pm
Posts: 5131
Location: Wakefield, Yorkshire
Several years ago I bought some new everyday specs on an offer which was basically a BOGOF. For my 'free' pair I asked for - and got - a pair of Bolle's with the prescription insert lenses which would have been a lot more expensive than the original pair. I found that the clip-in prescription lenses will fit some of my other bike riding 'eye protectors' so I can use them with a clear pair in the winter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:51 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:59 pm
Posts: 843
I ride in just my regular glasses, I ride everyday and wear glasses all day. I am not a fan of glasses in general and wear the smallest simplest ones I can find. Currently some Boots News brand Titanium versions which have easily doubled the time I have ever owned a pair of glasses without breaking them. I have never found a set of sporty ones which suit me and can't justify the cost of breaking them.

Image

Image

Image

However I have had some nasty cuts on my face from crashing with glasses on.


Attachments:
headshot.jpg
headshot.jpg [ 27.43 KiB | Viewed 543 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:28 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:46 pm
Posts: 94
Location: Northampton/Banbury
I went to specsavers.....no really i did!!!

They do a nice line of sports glasses with shatter proof lenses. I went for the "shooters yellow" tint which i found really helps in both day and night riding conditions; cost me £125!

I wanted to get new lenses in my old Oakleys, but the cost was too much to justify.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unkleGsif and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group