I'm a massive nob (post office content)

Surfr

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've managed to post a frame to the wrong address and the post office have already had their collection for the day. address I've posted it to is apparently an old folks home so have phoned them and asked to put it to one side.

I'm going to be on edge until it arrives with it's rightful owner now!

feel for you but that's pretty funny! is the old folks home anywhere near where its supposed to be going?

Just down the road apparently. It was a digit wrong in the street address.

Still, how many old folks do you know with a need for a jump bike frame?

I dunno- pensioners are gettin' pretty rad these days..........I've even seen them hanging about in a big group, dressed in black*all emo!!

.........*.....err..........my mistake.........apparently that was a funeral.... :oops:

Thank God for that :shock:
I though you said I'VE
couldnt think why you'd want to tell everyone :?

perhaps it is a retrocock :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Shouldnt matter what the address is all you really need is the Name and the postcode ,the postie should look at that

Phone for a delivery of anything and all they want is your name and said P/Code

at least if they put it to one side the buyer can collect it and everyone's happy. i once labelled 2 sets of bike wheels wrongly. one person got a bargain, the other less so! luckily they both forwarded them on and i sorted out plenty of postage

dyna-ti":2s11wj9b said:
Shouldnt matter what the address is all you really need is the Name and the postcode ,the postie should look at that

True, but I didn't have the buyers name, only their RB pseudonym and I'm not sure the postie knows that!

Lysander":1w0baits said:
I dunno- pensioners are gettin' pretty rad these days..........I've even seen them hanging about in a big group, dressed in black*all emo!!

Reminds me of a Monty Python sketch. Roving gangs of grannies beating people up and vandalising things. :LOL: :LOL:

sold a motorbike a few years back, :cry:

guy turned up to collect, straight from work with his mate in a car...

and got changed into his leathers in my dining room......

we stood and compared stories of idiocy :oops: , who dropped what bike, stalled what etc... agreeing we both normally do something really silly and embarrassing.... and he gingerly rode away..... no hassle or problems :cool:

I went back inside, to see all his clothes and rucksack on dining room floor :roll: .... so I quickly called his mobile, that was in the rucksack, with his wallet :shock: so had to call his wife, who laughed and got him to call later....

I posted his stuff on, it cost about £20... and expected it to be the end of that, but got a cheque and a couple of bottles of wine back :LOL:

I'm sure it will all work out in the end

John

john the sparky":qirdoycl said:
sold a motorbike a few years back, :cry:

guy turned up to collect, straight from work with his mate in a car...

and got changed into his leathers in my dining room......

we stood and compared stories of idiocy :oops: , who dropped what bike, stalled what etc... agreeing we both normally do something really silly and embarrassing.... and he gingerly rode away..... no hassle or problems :cool:

I went back inside, to see all his clothes and rucksack on dining room floor :roll: .... so I quickly called his mobile, that was in the rucksack, with his wallet :shock: so had to call his wife, who laughed and got him to call later....

I posted his stuff on, it cost about £20... and expected it to be the end of that, but got a cheque and a couple of bottles of wine back :LOL:

I'm sure it will all work out in the end

John

:D That's cheered me up, thanks :)

Back