Old eBay&Yahoo auctions & other retro websites (scre

Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
With all the changes in eBay recently it got me thinking how it used to look when I first started using eBay, and Yahoo auction that I used to use (before eBay) until it shut down!

So here are some screen shots, for those who remember the old internet days! I have used the net since the early-mid ninties and remember the Yahoo homepage very well (no Google in those days, Yahoo was the Google of it's day!)

The old Yahoo i'm sure used to have a grey background on the old Netsape Navigator, Internet Explorer was an unpopular newbie then until Windows started shipping with it installed!

What websites have you got fond memories of?

➡️ eBay 2002 when i registered.
ebay02.JPG

➡️ Yahoo Auctions 2002 when it shut down.
yahoo02.JPG

➡️ Yahoo homepage 1996.
yahoo96.JPG

➡️ Google Beta 1998
google98.JPG

great :D

love the simplicity :cool: very little shite all over the screen flashing . and i bet the screen didnt jump down an inch just before its fully loaded making you press some ad when you really wanted to press the little button in the sea of it all :x

I liked Yahoo auctions until it was swallowed up by Ebay, about time the thieving gits had a bit of competition

They had to be simple, with 9.6kbps and later 14.4kbps modem connections and every minute was payed for then load time was very important.

I remember boasting to one of my mates about how i started using "electronic mail", must have been 1996, he laughed his head off thinking i've turned into some neardy boffin and why the hell would anyone want to use electronic mail! :LOL: :LOL:

Ha! at the UEA somewhere back in the haze that was the '90s I remember the chat rooms on a green screen monitor.

I once logged on for 18 hours straight and became a 'superuser' overnight...

I think it was 'surfers' chat rooms and my username was ' Mr. Stipson (John Cleese in Clockwise)

legrandefromage":3vs0bfcb said:
Ha! at the UEA somewhere back in the haze that was the '90s I remember the chat rooms on a green screen monitor.

I once logged on for 18 hours straight and became a 'superuser' overnight...

I think it was 'surfers' chat rooms and my username was ' Mr. Stipson (John Cleese in Clockwise)

I remember using bulletin boards in 1990 at University - like you say the green screens :LOL: I remember being blown away chatting in real time online to someone in the States :D

Back