Windows 7 or Vista

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
I now hear that Vista is near deaths door ? To be replaced by Windows 7 any body used 7?

Plenty of Win7 torrents available if you want to give it a bash and let us know how you get on. I would but I've not got a spare machine at the mo!

My main machine is still on XP SP2, too scared to go to SP3 after reading the horror stories :shock:

As with any Microsfot release, my advice is to wait for SP1 before switching to the latest & "greatest".

Vista aint so bad now any way.

neilll":lyu06jp8 said:
Vista was shite so I wouldn't hold out much hope for 7

why is it shite? ive had no problems at all with it on all my pc'c,certainly compared to xp constant blue screens etc :?

stew-b":1j72su6b said:
why is it shite? ive had no problems at all with it on all my pc'c,certainly compared to xp constant blue screens etc :?

How many PC's are you talking about?

stew-b":o7926av7 said:
4 households so about 10.

Maybe its ok in small numbers, it's not something I would use commercially.

On the BSOD note, never seen any on XP since switching from NT4 and that's with 200 machines, its not an easy thing to measure though as most people have such different hardware/software configurations.

stew-b":6uw57lpg said:
i dont think many would use it commercially,most still use NT for that dont they?

I hope not , it's not been supported by M$ for years so would be vulnerable to all sorts of exploits etc !

Most (including us) is XP Pro all the way :)

Back