I have just finished the BSO and hopefully will never see another ever again. It needed:
1. Brake cables inners.
2. Some outer had gone too.
3. One of the blocks from the back had disappeared.
4. Front braked adjusted so they reach the rim.
5. Shifters replaced with thumbshifters.
6. Rear mech adjusted so it can reach more than two cogs.
7. Bottom bracket rebuilt with grease (there was none) and new bearings.
8. All cones adjusted.
9. Forks now have 10mm travel (up from 2mm).
10. Rear travel (sideways) reduced to only 10mm.
11. Seat post now free and greased.
I used to do that in a daily basis
Actually thinking about it I'm still doing it as a lot of my current work via the website is warranty/servicing work from the bike shop I worked in.
Awaiting the parts for an exploded 6spd free-wheel off a £109 hardtail. the free-wheel has literally split in two & left the screw on part on the hub...