CBT

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Okay all you MotoHeads, I'm taking my CBT* tomorrow and would just like a few pointers..

I suppose the main thing is, is it difficult? Is it tested? Or is it, as it says, training?

Any help greatly appreciado :cool:

* For all non-Motorbike Riders, CBT is Compulsory Basic Training, which is a legal requirement beyond 50cc; I've got me a 125cc Scoot'

its easy. spend the morning wobbling round some cones in a car park, then a little ride on the roads after lunch.

if it is a "TEST" it doesnt feel like one.

enjoy it!

Awesome, that's what I was hoping it was gonna be ;)

For a Full Bike Licence, is it a full on Theory & Practice effort?

2nd half felt alot like a test to me.
fact is they are assesing you on the road, give you no advice, and fail you if they think you arnt good enough. i dont know how else you would define a test.
ppl making out its just a formality and no big deal just pisses me off.
i got no problem riding the motorbike, but big roundabouts scare the crap out of me. question is how are you supposed to get better on the road without a cbt certificate? not like you can ride around all day until they decide you are competant.

my cbt was easy....was riding a 125 yammie intruder as my own bike...my friend who runs the school said you have a choice ...you can have this crappy 50 to ride on (a real pos) or this b.new 600 bandit.......hmmmmm i go........i think ill have the 600 in yellow guv.we then spent the morning riding around the playground to get used to the bikes and to show if we were dangerous.as long as you ride slowly and treat it with the same care as when you ride ya bycycle you will walk it.the afternoon was spent riding around lowestoft stopping at every light and junction like you are supposed to.if you did something wrong you got an earful from the instructor int earpeice.my fav was forgetting to turn the indicator off.my friend was learning on the same day and she crashed quite a lot.she still passed .

W W Biffta":1d2qtbo6 said:
fact is they are assesing you on the road, give you no advice, and fail you if they think you arnt good enough.

I think the place I'm going to tomorrow in Wimbledon has intercom? So should be able to tell me when/where I'm going wrong [ = too fast :twisted: ]

kepp your feet up as well...ps when you do the final(i never did as i got married and ended that dream) you can get one of these.the rep showed it at one of the meets i used to go to ...that morning i was reading bsa and they had a piccie of it in there.. i joked that i would like to have a go on one.that night my mate decided he wasnt going to the meet so i went by meself...guess what ?hehehehehehehe boy was he pissed

Attachments

• kkkk.jpg
    kkkk.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,185
yeah they have you on a radio, when i did it first time it was only 1 way tho so i couldnt tell them anything and the woman was not too helpful.

my friend who runs the school

not exactly going to be represetative is it.
well dont wanna put you off, i know plenty of ppl who had no problems, even one guy that crashed and still passed. but i also know more than 1 or 2 how had an experience like mine so its not always plain sailing.
just want to make it clear, it is a test, you need a pass certificate.
i really dont understand why its called training, can only assume compulsary basic training is a well know phrase so it stuck. i got no training that was of any use either time.

if i recall it had a v8 in it.wider than a settee and vveeerrrrrrrry big. :shock: :shock: pic of me wandering how to afford the thing.

i just got cramp from the dumb position they put the pegs in...im used to cruisers ...much more laid back.....ps it worried me too when she told me about doing the teaching thing......but i fall off me bike all the time and i teach cycling .....must be a commen theme amongst teachers..heh :oops:

Back