Did Blur have it right?

I think we of all people are guilty of looking at the past through rose tinted specs... it wasn't all good back then either. It's just different now.

No :eek: the world is your oyster, fill your boots :D

yes!

Ok rose tinted gigs but things are more complicated now and more stress/rules/enforcements. Not the future they promised us as nippers. :-/

Occasionally I'm blessed with moments of pure pleasure, usually whilst sat at the top of a hill somewhere bewildered by the amazing beauty of my surroundings or laughing with my daughter.

Most of the time however, I'm drowning in dissapointment at the way the world seems to be going these days. I really do worry about whats in store for generations to come.

Blur were right.

Yes.

Absolutely garbage.

I ride old bikes, listen to old music, wear vintage clothes and my newest car is 37 years old. I don't like new. I'm looking forward to the steam loco going past my workshop this afternoon- proper trains!

Blur were bloody great at Glastonbury that year. Wasn't really a fan before. 'This Is a Low' as the last glimmer of light faded behind Glastonbury Tor was one of the greatest musical moments I have ever witnessed.

Si

Ps. Bring back National service and the Birch :shock:

"I ride old bikes, listen to old music, wear vintage clothes and my newest car is 37 years old. I don't like new."

the irony is your telling us through a very modern medium :LOL:

this point in time right now is the culmination of human progression , its not difficult to pick and choose what aspects of the past to keep a hold of and conversely what from this modern age we ignore

we can make use of new conveniences to greater enjoy what we hold dear from days of yore

Back