Ride round the cotswolds

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
The sun was out so did my normal route on the SS and took the camera so I thought I would share some photos of the Cotswolds.

I am still not sure about this SS lark mind , I enjoy it but seems to just make hard work of things?!!? :LOL:

DSC05238.jpg

THIS PHOTO BELOW IS OF WHAT WAS A MAIN ROMAN ROAD!! 1500 years ago, there is still quite a bit of it left and great to ride along.

DSC05242.jpg

DSC05239.jpg

DSC05240.jpg

And to end 16 miles later my Fav local Ale Donnington BB :cool:

DSC05243.jpg

You got a great day for it. It's great to ride on old roads that have been in use for so long. I am just off the Ridgeway where I am and the idea that folk had been travelling that way for thousands of years has a nice feel about it.

David, I sorted a great route out from Cheltenham over the past couple of weeks, its about 26 miles and goes up Cleeve hill then goes south to the top of Leckhampton hill and descends back into Cheltenham. Over 2000ft total climb and a good mix of bridleway, trails and road. Cleeve hill accounts for nearly half the total ascent so once thats out of the way its a nice undulating ride.

Drop me a line sometime and we can go exploring :)

Sounds good, Would like to do more riding around that way have never been Cleeve way before :D Will sort something after the states trip now :D

Back