Asking for Help and probable Slagging !

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
I've got a Reliant Robin LX (slagging probably starts now :roll: )

The problem is that it lurches slightly to one side, drivers side.

I suspect this is due to the weight of the driver over the years on the leaf spring.

Does my diagnosis seem likely and is it easy to replace leaf springs or is it a definite mechanics only repair ?

Also is the lurch dangerous in the long run ?

Thanks for any help and advice you can give between the tears of laughter and side splitting pain :roll:

dude
yes poss is spring but could be just worn suspension bushes
spring is a easy job to do if you know one end of a spanner from the other

but a ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU SHOULD BE SHOT LOLOLOLOL

rob

I'm now worried as your the airgun geezer whose post I just read :shock:

I'm a motorcyclist who has had enough freezing through winter, I have a Category B1 entitlement on my bike licence but do not currently hold a car licence.

Also I quite like the Robin, drive one before you dismiss them :D

I've never owned a Reliant, but replacing leaf springs in general is a straightforward enough job. It can take more time than you bargained for though, especially if the bolts have siezed in the bushes (which is likely)and cutting them is the only way to go and you don't have access to a cutting torch.

velomaniac":2so62yo2 said:
I'm now worried as your the airgun geezer whose post I just read :shock:

I'm a motorcyclist who has had enough freezing through winter, I have a Category B1 entitlement on my bike licence but do not currently hold a car licence.

Also I quite like the Robin, drive one before you dismiss them :D

i MIGHT have owned one or two (4 :oops: ) in the past and they are a laugh
my kitten cabrio was awsome!!!
had a ford 1770 x flow in it tho
but leafs are a doddle to do IF they aint too seized in
start spraying with penetrating fluid (not wd40 its a water displacer more than a penetrating fluid) a week before you do the job!!
i take it you have blocked/removed reverse gear then to drive it on a bike license??

rob

They done away with the no reverse gear stipulation some time ago as it was frankly stupid. Also Reliants are now in the same class as those small french cars called Aixams and Microcars as well as Piaggio Ape 3 wheeled vans all of which have reverse gear :D

Mind you on level ground you can wheel them around single handed without much bother.

Thanks for the advice.

Back