Camera bag?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I noticed from the other thread there are a few camera men here.

I have been left with dad`s Nikon camera which I have been using to take pics of the bikes/parts etc but would really like to take it out on rides to get some action shots , Ideally get some good shots to Log of the F.O.D ride.

My main worry is carrying it around, at the moment its got a Lowepro altus 160 bag which looks like it can be attached by belt and would sit under the camel :? but im guessing its going to get mucky very quick?

How do you carry your cameras? I have seen them chest bags?

I've always used Lowe Pro Mini Trekkers – They take quite a bit of kit and the size isn't too bulky for riding with – sometimes put the camelbak bladder in the big front pocket too.

Best advice is be selective about what kit you take and be mindful of it's value and vulnerability on your back.

For everyday rides I carry a little Canon Ixus, which I have to say has impressed me a lot.

Best advice is be selective about what kit you take and be mindful of it's value and vulnerability on your back.

Hmmm thats what worries me to be honest, If I broke it I would be gutted being dads .... Just seems a waste using it for what its been used for.

You'd be surprised how well a good bag will protect a camera – being selective is more to do with saving weight. We've all hauled a bag full of lenses around for a day and only used the one. Being mindful of the kit on your back just means thinking before tackling something where you might stack rather than going at it with gay abandon – the camera back will protect from the everyday knocks etc, just try not to land on it eh ;)

To be honest – the big guns only go out on solo rides where the photography becomes as important as the riding. But that's just me, I know a few who take 'em on regular rides – just a bit too much extra weight for me if I'm not using it much.

i keep all mine in a big old cobra bag which holds 3 slr bodies (2 film, 1 digi) + a few lenses, filters, 2 digi compacts (one newish, one old), memory cards, and all the stuff that goes with it!
for riding i just take the old digi compact which is a sony cybershot 3.1mp from about 2005 so i chuck it in my pocket or pack and it don't matter if it gets bashed... it has lots and still works fine but is pretty scuffed :D

There was a bag in a mag that was worn on the chest and the resident phtographer reckoned this was the best way to carry the camera. Well prtected and not in the way, can't remeber the make though.

kaiser":vcaxnag9 said:
There was a bag in a mag that was worn on the chest and the resident phtographer reckoned this was the best way to carry the camera. Well prtected and not in the way, can't remeber the make though.

That'll be Chipps of "Singletrack" fame - it was a Lowepro TLZ-1, which costs about 30 quid. He clipped it to his Camelback straps with some small carabiners, so it rode in front of him, on his chest.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/Top ... 2051,8.htm

I use a Lowepro slingshot like this one..

18-2035-IMG2.jpeg

i've got a lowepro mini trekker.

carries my body, 4 lenses, 2 flashes etc etc tons of stuff.

the big front pocket is awesome too.

51x3IYTkm8L._SS500_.jpg

people with the ruck sack types, I take it you use bottles for fluid on rides?

Back