What's the best thing you ever won?

Tallpaul

Gold Trader
I've won various awards/medals/trophies for footie over the years, as well as other 'prizes in recognition' etc., but I don't mean that kind of thing ('cos you have to work bloody hard to get them)... What's the best prize you've ever won (raffle/prize draw etc.)?

I think the best thing I ever won was guessing the number of dolly mixtures in a massive jar when I was about 9, I got to keep the whole jar, it took me bloody ages to eat them and it was great! :D

When I was ten at cub scout camp I won a crate of beer (or so I thought) in their raffle (goodness knows why they had that and a bunch of spirits and other non-kid stuff in the raffle). I was stoked as it was the first raffle thing I'd won and even though I had never had a beer, I knew it must be good stuff as my Dad always drank it.

Anyway three days later I was picked up by my parents and they were shocked when I produced my crate of beer and put it in the back of the car. I explained how I'd got it and they said I could have one with Sunday dinner when I got home.

So at dinner time I excitedly got to crack open my first beer and boy was I disgusted with the taste. To me it tasted like diluted Marmite and I spat it out. My parents laughed and explained that I needn't worry, as it was only Kaliber non-alcoholic beer and was not like real beer. I was gutted and didn't touch another drop from that crate and didn't even drink again until I was at least 12 :D

Tallpaul":twxn21tp said:
legrandefromage":twxn21tp said:
easter egg competition when I was about 8.

Was it for decorating your own eggs? Now that would be worth a prize!

???

er, yes, well, it was for decorating an egg shell as a policeman (the egg, not me).

I won a massive freaky clown thing when I was about 9 ( it was bigger than me!! ) and was presented it by the late Roy Castle !! :LOL: :LOL:

And no I didnt blow his trumpet !! :LOL:

Back