Time to order that IF..?

Even with the dollar at 50p, adding in shipping makes it similarly priced to ordering a custom frame from a UK builder and supporting local(ish?) people - Solitude, Robin Mather, Roberts etc

Yeah, but they are not IFs!! :D

Mather look quite nice, but I am not sure I am in tune with the Solitude design ethos :?
Roberts MTBs may be a touch old school now, get the impression from the site and various comments that the road is where hes at.

Now a build it yourself Yates... that would be awesome.
'Sorry love, I a m off on a weeks holiday to build a bike myself for a lot of money' can't see that flying!!

i shipped a frame for $40/£20 not so long ago.most uk builders would charge you more than that.

I think there's rather too much mystique built up around Indy Fabs - interesting thread on MTBR around the subject recently.

As far as the three builders I mentioned, I'd only consider approaching one of them, but I was trying to provide a broader selection. Having said that, I've seen a few nice modern Dogs Bolx recently.

Simon":2edtn3b2 said:
Solitude, Robin Mather, Roberts etc

Who's Robin Mather? Haven't heard of him before, just checking out the website and the welds/brazing on the tourer one looks sweet as.. Anyone ridden one?

Back