Lighting the stove

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
After nearly an hour, I've finally managed to get my woodburner lit.
There's a bowl of porridge and a kettle on it, by the time the kettle boils I'll have dinner ready.
What a lovely feeling.
IMG_0335.jpg

I have just installed a multi fuel stove .

very expensive , but tonight we burnt our first log and it was really nice . :D

Ive a villiger c wood burner got it for less than £400 we light it every evening (apart from the very warm evenings) and pay nothing for the wood (dont tell the fat bas**rd brown he will try and tax that sort of thing)
mmm cosey warm :D

PS we use Tiger tim firelighters from sainsbury

That one up there was custom built for my boat by a bloke who lived in a lorry in Devon.
Can't burn coal though, which is good because I can get free wood but bad because it won't stay lit all night. Still, people nick things like coal if you leave it on the roof of a boat. It got so bad for one of my mates, he started leaving bags of decoy coal with bits of magnesium in it on the roof. :twisted:

Rather than tip cooking oil from roasties etc down the sink for it to congeal and go solid I keep a jar of it. Makes fire lighting a doddle. Soak a bit of kitchen roll in the stuff, pile wood/coal/whatever on top and light kitchen roll. It burns nicely and fire roars into life in no time.

Got a STovax Huntingdon 25 .

it ios the liner , fittings etc which is expensive .

plenty of cheap ones on the internet , but did not fancy setting the house on fire .

Back