What is the meaning of Life?

What is the meaning of life?

• There is none.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • People determine human purpose, without supernatural influence (general sense) that is the purpose o

• Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book ev

• the purpose of life is to end

• don't care show me some bikes

• Only god knows and he/she will tell you if you have been lucky enough to have choosen the right one.

• Total voters

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Since finding this site, I have been overwhelmed by the range of expertise, knowledge and cunning of the retro bike community. Pretty much any problem gets sorted, bike related or otherwise- give yourselves a pat on the back :cool: .

Got me to thinking about some of the more impenetrable questions that have dogged me thus far in life’s weird and wonderful highway- is there a god, what is good, who am I? and of course why are orange flites soooo expensive?

What better way to sort the most troublesome question mankind has wrestled with since the dawn of time...?

What is the meaning of life?

I will do a small poll with a few of the more common answers google provided but feel free to throw in your own more radical ideas.

i used to believe in the spoon but not any more ...i feel that life is about getting thru the day to look back and say that i didnt waste it. :D

I think according to the venerable Bill S Preston Esq. and Ted Theodore Logan, the answer to the question at the gates of Saint peter, was "Every Rose has its thorn, like every night has its dawn, and every cowboy sings his sad, sad, song"
And answer that was backed up by the Doc of shock, the gook of spook, the reaper, death himself.

Lyrics dude ;)

Oooh...I like this one; random thoughts after a night shift:

In essence, looking for the answer can only lead to madness as there is simply no way we (man) can reasonably explain why we are here, why we exist. Its easy to explain HOW we got here, but anyone who thinks they can explain WHY is lying becuase nobody can truely know the answer.

The Answer

Life, simply put, is what you make of it, whether its forfilling the basic biological need, procreation, kids, family etc or ploughing your own road and aquiring knowledge for the greater good.

(Religion)

(Religion is the paranoia of Mankind, we have never quite come to terms with our own awarness/ existance - 'I am here, why am I here' so have to come up with a good excuse).

The culprit:

The brain is an electrically powered biological machine and as a consiquence, is not very well shielded against external influence. Hence our (Man's) constant need for answers to things we dont understand and, as a cosniquence, the actions we undertake.

Reallity

Man is alone, we can empathise only to a certain extent with another individual but can never actually 'feel' exactly what another person feels, only a parody of what they are thinking. The millions of actions that can influence a individual's mind on a decision means there can never truely be a consensus on a group action. This leads onto imagination - stories, fantasies, adding anthropomorphic personalities to animals, etc.

Childhood

We are conditioned to accept what we see - child imprinting shapes what our adulthood will be like. It is correct to look back on your childhood with rose tinted glasses as you were littlerally 'new' - a sponge, a blank sheet of paper, a clean whiteboard ready to accept or deny what the world had waiting for you.

Deeeeeaaath

Death awaits us all, what is on the otherside is the driving force behind everything. Personally, I cannot believe that the spark of the individual simply ceases to exist, yet, this is probably the sad truth. However, when a good friend/ loved one dies, they do really live on in our minds, we can recall an action or a phraise at anytime that will instantly make us laugh or cry or smile.

Conclusion (with surprise ending):

;)

legrandefromage":21nf7hi0 said:
Oooh...I like this one; random thoughts after a night shift:

In essence, looking for the answer can only lead to madness as there is simply no way we (man) can reasonably explain why we are here, why we exist. Its easy to explain HOW we got here, but anyone who thinks they can explain WHY is lying becuase nobody can truely know the answer.

The Answer

Life, simply put, is what you make of it, whether its forfilling the basic biological need, procreation, kids, family etc or ploughing your own road and aquiring knowledge for the greater good.

(Religion)

(Religion is the paranoia of Mankind, we have never quite come to terms with our own awarness/ existance - 'I am here, why am I here' so have to come up with a good excuse).

The culprit:

The brain is an electrically powered biological machine and as a consiquence, is not very well shielded against external influence. Hence our (Man's) constant need for answers to things we dont understand and, as a cosniquence, the actions we undertake.

Reallity

Man is alone, we can empathise only to a certain extent with another individual but can never actually 'feel' exactly what another person feels, only a parody of what they are thinking. The millions of actions that can influence a individual's mind on a decision means there can never truely be a consensus on a group action. This leads onto imagination - stories, fantasies, adding anthropomorphic personalities to animals, etc.

Childhood

We are conditioned to accept what we see - child imprinting shapes what our adulthood will be like. It is correct to look back on your childhood with rose tinted glasses as you were littlerally 'new' - a sponge, a blank sheet of paper, a clean whiteboard ready to accept or deny what the world had waiting for you.

Deeeeeaaath

Death awaits us all, what is on the otherside is the driving force behind everything. Personally, I cannot believe that the spark of the individual simply ceases to exist, yet, this is probably the sad truth. However, when a good friend/ loved one dies, they do really live on in our minds, we can recall an action or a phraise at anytime that will instantly make us laugh or cry or smile.

Conclusion (with surprise ending):

;)

outstanding :cool: some great thoughts, will look at this tonight and really have a good think!

we've been given consciousness but have lost the instruction manual.

LGF, 2009

;)

I once tried an IQ test after a 12 hour night shift - I scored about 12 points higher than I did under 'normal' conditions...

Nurse!

Childhood

They say the child is the parent of the adult.

Back