OT..Any Legal Boffins advise me :)

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Hi Guys ,

Just wondered how I stood legally, my current employer wants to change my contracted hours from 39 hours a week to 35 :twisted: :twisted: :roll: due to the credit crunch :roll:

They wanted me to sign a new contract last friday, but I refused ;) ;) saying I needed more time to think about it.. :) I have another meeting this friday to have another 'chance' to sign , after that I get one more chance to sign or basically I am out of work...

I took this job on in december last year for 39 hours a week , after having worked for myself for the last 15 years :roll:

last year hit me real bad, (bad payers/lack of substantial work etc,) and as I have kids and the piggy bank was being depleted at a rapid rate of knots I went to work for these 'People'

Anybody know if they can force me to accept there terms..

and yes.. before people shout at me and say its better to have work than not, it makes it all the harder when they are paying me a really poor wage and the manager... seriously has not got a clue.. so this makes it really even harder to work with them..

Tia

Legally, all they have to do is give you 4 weeks notice of the change. You can either accept it, or start looking for a new job. Sorry :(

Yep its true ....

Must admit it was a long time ago but a old employer decided my hours were going from 9-5 monday to Friday to different shifts covering evenings/weekends all sorts ..... I kicked off thinking they couldnt do it ... But its normally whatever you get paid ( monthly etc) is the notice to change the contract .... I was gobsmacked :shock:

Its happening all over the place matey, my brother -in-law went from 40 hrs to 24 :( 3 day week.
Take the 35 until things pick up there will be a lot of this about.

Hi Si,

Knowing where you work I suspect the credit crunch is only part of the problem. We used to shop there quite a bit but since they were taken over last year the prices have shot up in our opinion.
Certainly my wife used to buy xmas decorations there every year but this year did not as most things had doubled in price or more. The only thing we tend to pop in for these days is a bite to eat/coffee.
Pass my comments to your boss if you like ;)

Good luck mate

Neil

Sadly what everyone says is true - it's the tme to take it up the arse I'm afraid - just make sure you pul your pants back up when you stand up! :oops:

Back