cyclescheme

john the sparky

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm self employed, so am a sole trader....

but my company is VAT registered....

could I register my company on the cyclescheme and buy a bike on it?

It would be impossible to do 50% of my journeys on it, but I could use it for quoting, locally..... :LOL:

just wondering really, has anyone got any experience of cyclescheme, I have a mate who bought his bike through his employer, and saved quite a bit of money... so was just wondering really :?

(only problem is it'd be a modern bike!)

John

i did get a bike through cyclescheme.co.uk it was abit of a faff but ok in the end, but i work for a big company, not sure how it works for self employed but get on their website and ask, i know it can be done just not sure how!

:D

John,

I think not although it may depend on how you pay yourself through the company. I'm in a similar position to you but couldn't register

Quote form the cyclescheme website
"Please note that the scheme is available to UK tax payers who pay PAYE. Self-employed workers cannot take part in the scheme."

http://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/employer,intro.htm

oh thats a bummer, weird though coz a guy did it through his company when i worked in the trade.

oh well.....

I'll leave that on the back burner then,

I nearly limited the business at the start of last year, so if I do, and become a company, then that'll be the time to do it then!

John

Back