Another hot topic - housing

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just watching look-east about a couple crammed into a 2 bed flat in Boghampton - they've got 4 kids!! They sitting there whining away that theres no room when if they'd learnt basic sex ed they might be a bit better off!

Arrrrgh! I see this so often on the telly...

Luminus which bought all the council stock in Huntingdon are deliberately allowing some stock to become run down so they can 'rebuild it with better quality housing' - this so far, has meant building on kid's play areas and any available green space left in the town. There are some very spacious bungalows which have been left empty so flats can be built soon, again on more greenland nearby, creating more parking problems for existing tennants.

Why acnt they be used to ease the 'housing problem' thay the council whinges about...

Grrrr.... :evil:

Add to that all of the holiday/second homes. Something like half a million houses that are empty for most of the year. My somewhat leftist view of this is that houses should not be easily acquired as investments. Stamp duty at 20% on second homes. Council tax not discounted and revenues from rental taxed at 40%.

I was amazed by the folk at Norwich City Council who turfed a load of OAPs out of their council bungalows so they could live in them for next to no money.

I think the Ikea homes were the way all properties should be.
They are low cost, you aren't allowed to own any other property if you buy one.
Really, the housing situation in this country is a disgrace. I'm glad I moved onto a boat. ;)

Oh Cool, I began research about living aboard a narrow boat when I became increasingly annoyed and frustrated about the situation of renting from monopolist tax dodging patronising thick scum bags in Manchester. Even getting a boat bought fixed and mored seemed difficult, coupled with the forum being elitest i gave up and rented somewhere else. The change in economics is finall one double edge sworded silver lining now. instead of stretching to a studio flat at 6 figures we stand a chance at a 3 bed house with drive!!!

All required now is 10k savings and that 'job for life'! :idea: :D

Around here there is the fad for building a new house in the back gardens and what you are left with is two large houses with bugger all garden. It's a quick buck for the owner/owners. This often happens when the house is for sale and the bloody builders come in a buy and split the land.

Soon there be no decent large houses with good large gardens and all the rich people will bugger of and we'll not preen all the taxes out of them :LOL: Then they'll complain they have no money and ramp the council tax up yet again, it's already a fortune.

The owners will then complain there is nowhere for the children to play :roll:

On a good housing note, Jacqui Smith will have to undergo an enquiry as to the funding of her 'second' home. Couldn't happen to a nicer woman!

Where i live 12 miles out of Manchester we have 2 railway stations on the main Manchester/Wigan line so developers jumped on all the spare land round here and threw up loads of apartments and 3 storey housing, They then slapped huge price tags on them and called it the perfect commuter town, Now 12 months, 2 years later these so called apartments are still empty and the ads in the local paper are now welcoming DSS tenants. Complete and utter waste of time they would of been better off building smaller 2/3 bedroom affordable housing instead of the slums of the future that are now just waiting to be occupied. And the other problem is the people who paid a fortune for the nice 3 storey houses will see there investments dive because of all the low life who will be in the apartments.

And the other problem is the people who paid a fortune for the nice 3 storey houses will see there investments dive because of all the low life who will be in the apartments.

are you fo real? thats the only GOOD thing that will come of it. anyone who bought a house at those rediculous prices in the last few years was either greedy or stupid. most likely both.
not eveyone who gets dss is a lowlife. its that attitude that has caused the housing problems in the first place. if landlords werent allowed to refuse housing benefit (and technically they arnt) there would be no shortage of housing. some moron buying 5 flats, dreaming of all the free money, but not interesting in renting to people who really need somewhere to live. screw em. now at least they are forced to be reasonable.
not defending the blocks of flats of course, property developers need a good shooting, but like anyone who buys a flat.. well i already said it.

legrandefromage":r5tvzxz3 said:
Just watching look-east about a couple crammed into a 2 bed flat in Boghampton - they've got 4 kids!! They sitting there whining away that theres no room when if they'd learnt basic sex ed they might be a bit better off!

Arrrrgh! I see this so often on the telly...

Grrrr.... :evil:

100% agree. Just buy a packet of 'Rubbers' But no it cheaper for us the taxpayer to pay for their little angels :twisted:

Latest posts

Back