Clark Kent hub - build me a wheel please!

theboy

Senior Retro Guru
Ay up,

I have a lovely Clark Kent pineapple hub that I have found use for at last, I know a few of you have these too (cos I sold you them!) just wondered if you've had them built up/built them up yourself, and if so if you'd be willing to do another?

TIA! theboy

You see, i'm torn between lacing mine as Gil has done or snowflaking it........

Which way do i do it?

ATB

John

I had a snowflaked one, I bought the wheel on a marin off the bay. It looked awesome.

Cannondale King is a wheel builder and was going to do mine at one point as was Gil but i opted for a local guy to do it instead to save on postage. If your doing it radially the same as mine you'll need a couple of different lengths of spokes. Does 248 for the inners sounds right? i think thats the shortest length you can buy, at least thats what i think the dude said

haggis":17arpwwv said:
Cannondale King is a wheel builder and was going to do mine at one point as was Gil but i opted for a local guy to do it instead to save on postage. If your doing it radially the same as mine you'll need a couple of different lengths of spokes. Does 248 for the inners sounds right? i think thats the shortest length you can buy, at least thats what i think the dude said

I would hazzard a guess that if your doing radial spoke pattern on a wheel that they would all be the same length. Well that's at least what I've done before in the past.

tkboyle":2behannw said:
haggis":2behannw said:

I would hazzard a guess that if your doing radial spoke pattern on a wheel that they would all be the same length. Well that's at least what I've done before in the past.

The pineapple hub aint so simple ;)

Maybe try a 3X crows foot style for a bit of fun.

2086505514_031b24dce5_d.jpg

for why it's not so easy ;)

Latest posts

Back