Forced off the road by a bus. Complain or let it slide?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Out for a spin on the road yesterday making the best of the better weather. Whilst riding down a relatively narrow (and usually quiet) country lane became aware of a large vehicle behind me. Glanced behind to see what it was only for said vehicle to then commence an overtaking manouever. The road was narrow enough that I wouldn't have expected a car to overtake, sadly there wasn't really enough room for myself and the number 63 Leamington-Rugby bus on the same piece of tarmac so I was forced to retreat onto the muddy verge/ditch.

Once I regained the road I continued to the next village (still fuming) only to see the number 63 parked up. Clearly the driver had gained some time on his timetable by giving his vehicle a bit of stick down the lanes like Tony Pond in his heyday.

An altercation followed and some heated words were exchanged. Needless to say the driver thought he had done no wrong and that I had somehow signalled him to overtake. Of course he also thought there was plenty of room on the road for both of us despite the fact his bus took up its entire width. Glad only the best and brightest are allowed to drive large vehicles.

Question is should I complain to the bus company or even Police? Or let it slide?

Hi John,

I would def. not let it go fella.. report him to both the police and the bus company .. dont let him get away with it

You could have been killed fella.. he wants to be off the road :evil: :evil:

john name and shame to the police for dangous driving. i did this with a taxi company in portsmouth when i was in the navy they paid me not to take them to court thats how i got my woodman but i was knocked off and suffered a broken bone in the wrist and my bike was a deader :? but they ow you know man ;) just complain bus drivers are the most hateful buggers on the road :shock: :shock:

I always take a phone out with me now so I can take a pic of the regular run ins with the local nutters in cars including the mondeo that tried to overtake me 2 weeks ago with a car coming in the other direction. How he missed me I will never know, still I got a lovely photo of his car with a clearly readable number plate which I still debating whether to take to the cop shop. Will they do anything about it though? Maybe if the tax disc is out of date? :roll:
Late last year a sainsburys delivery truck forced me off the road, I complained to the manager with an excellent description of the prick driving it but TBH they were just not interested.
Something very satisfying about putting in a complaint though :D
In the summer a subaru imprezza chav overtook me making certain hand gestures. Unfortunately for him I recognised the bellend as a regular visitor to one of my neighbours! Needless to say he completely denied it when I confronted him about it and told him I would shove his tonka toy car up his arse if he repeated it.
Tends to make me angry when car drivers try to kill me which happens on a depressingly regular basis.

Complain and report it to the police to add gravitas.

It is DANGEROUS DRIVING....or due care or something....the tossers need a slap.

Don't let it slip....next time it will be someone who may not have your instinct and skills.

Makes my blood boil as you can tell :LOL:

You mean a phone pic like this one. I missed the plate the first time becasue I was too busy not crashing. No mistake the second time.

Will probably give the bus company a bell tomorrow. It is annoying, even more so the arrogance. If he have showed some contrition that would've made it a little less maddening.

Attachments

• 14022009238.jpg
    14022009238.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2,358
Back