Heart Monitors

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Following on from Heathys events of the day, ponders the question.

Who uses heart monitors and what is the point?

My mate keeps nagging me to get one....reckons sometimes I over cook the ticker.......I know my resting beat for my age is quite low....so whats the point of a monitor.

Do you use one?

I use one and have for years although its sometimes scary to look at the data after a race :shock: .If used correctly they are a useful,relatively cheap training aid,I took the next step early last year and now use a power meter on the road bike,these make even better use of my limited training time.
At the end of the day it all depends on what you want to get out of your riding,is it just for fun/fitness or do you want to improve your speed/compete.

heart rates can fluctuate a surprising amount per day & arent the entire training solution they were once considered. if you're taking training seriously a power meter is much more reliable. used together with a HRM they give the best solution.
you're only down the road from me. hook up if you wanna come on a few training rides ;)

Hi Scant,I agree with you about the power meters but they are kinda expensive :oops: and mine keeps breaking down,bloody powertap :evil: .
As regards the fluctuations with HR this is usually due to tiredness or illness so they are a pretty good guide for when to take it easy,although some guys I know become a slave to them,which if anything slows them down!
At the end of the day I guess we should all just ride more :D

scant":1m6a25fj said:
MJN":1m6a25fj said:
At the end of the day I guess we should all just ride more :D

honestly, I cant do anymore than I'm doing already.. & I'm loving it :D

Lucky bugger,I've only been out 5 times this week :D

Latest posts

Back