Ritchey off centre rims.

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just found a pair of nice NOS Ritchey rims at the back of the garage, they say OCR WCS on them and are drilled off centre.

So I'm assuming their for rear wheels only, so not a 'pair' :?: which is probably why they were under a pile of junk at the back of the garage :roll:

I must have bought them for a reason, wonder what it was :? :LOL:

Got them on my Spec Rockhopper, OC goes on the rear, never had any problems fitting / removing tyres on them

Jones said:
So I'm assuming their for rear wheels only, so not a 'pair' :?:
I often wondered if these would work on a modern front disc wheel as with many hubs the disc adds an element of dish to the front wheel as well.

As with MA40s I found these work best with folding tyres, and never use Onza!

I have a pair , and they are for front and rear .

no issues for removing tyres either .

As posted above, they are mainly used on the rear to reduce the spoke dish and therefore increase wheel strength. They can be used on the front for a similar effect with a disc set-up. My mate had some and they were tricky with certain tyres. :?

On a slight side note: The wheelbuilder at the shop i used to work at managed to build one the wrong way round, increasing the dish. He was feeling slightly worse for wear when he started and wondered why it took so long to build. :LOL: I pointed it out before the customer came in :LOL:

Back