Threadless extension

Craig Nicholson

Devout Dirtbag
Does anyone know if there is a way to extend a 1 1/8 steerer that currently just pops out of the headset. A rushed purchase means I have a set of forks which are too short.

It there a clamp on or welded solution?

are you talking steel, alu, carbon steerer?

I had a steel one extended. You need to see to a frame builder. Basically, steerer gets cut in the middle, an internal steel sleeve is fitted and then the 1 1/8 steerer is welded onto the sleeve. Probaly cost you £20ish without any painting and the sleeve will add weight.

Andy R":3a92733z said:

Comedy review on there

Chain Reaction Cycles":3a92733z said:
Im forever having to do things to the wife and her bike!!This time apreantly after noticing she had steering issues she said it was because i needed a bigger steerer.Ive bought this and when i went to fit it into the hole it was too big? I cant please this woman she wants it larger to make her riding more pleasureable and it doesnt fit the hole she wants me to ram this damn thing into. i think i might buy a new bloody wife,this one costs too much.

Class review! It's on a set of P2s (another set I bought and weren't what I really wanted! Nevermind though that's for another thread....

That plug in thing seems like a plan....

I've got a 1" Cannondale Pepperoni fork which needs extending. Won't fit my frame with a 100mm headtube :cry:

The steerer is steel but I would not want the bit where the steel joins the Alumimium fork crown to get hot. I wonder what the options are?

Back