Mice/rat problem

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Moved back into my flat this week and got woked at 6am by the sound of something(s) running around in the void between the floor of my lounge above and the ceiling of my basement bedroom!
Anyone had this problem before and got a good way to get rid?
Only just had the crapet laid throughout so dont really want to start ripping it up to get at floorboards etc.
I have spotlights in the bedroom ceiling so have got limited access to void between ceiling and floor.
Could here the little f*ckers running around not 6" from my head earlier :evil:

Most likely mice and not "longtails" (we Manx don't use the "R" word ;) ) if all they do is scamper about. Longtails will make a lot of noise, and then they get to chewing on things like pipes and cables........

Remove a spotlight or two and have a look with a torch and a mirror to see if you can see any droppings. If you can and they're small (mouse sized, not 8-12mm long) then just stick a bit of poison up there and it should sort them out - you could do the same for longtails but you don't really want one of those dying in there, especially near a heat source (lights, pipes).
Try and figure out how and where they're getting in and whether it's just between a pair of joists or can they get everywhere? Give Rentokil a shout if you don't want to deal with longtails yourself.

You can always buy some traps, either humane ones or the classic spring loaded type. This way you can dispose of the mouse/rat where you see fit. The main problem with poison is that the mouse/rat won't die where the poison is left, it will scurry off somewhere else before dieing. Which isn't great if your not fond of the smell of decomposing vermin lingering around your flat for a week or two.

TSC.

if its any help mice and the like fooking love chocolate ;)

id much rather capture than kill , the hippie that i am

perry":3ohqa680 said:

yes, if you capture them you can torture them until they reveal where their base is, then send in the artillery.

The Ken":ky0cz3vp said:
perry":ky0cz3vp said:

yes, if you capture them you can torture them until they reveal where their base is, then send in the artillery.

capture the mice or the hippie ?

TheGreenRabbit":glcwtp96 said:
The Ken":glcwtp96 said:
perry":glcwtp96 said:

capture the mice or the hippie ?

Capture the mice/rat then torture the hippie with the animal :shock: :LOL:
Best get a pussy. It will kill the rats plus it will be a good mate. :D

Had a massive problem with rats in my loft.....feckers would keep me awke for hours as they made that much noise!

TBH not much you can do but apart from putting down quality poision (get stuff from farms shops/suppliers). Don't be surprised if it doesn't get touched for a while though as rats are pretty clever and will be wary of the bait to start off with, once they are used to it they'll eat it.

Does work though as my lot have gone very quiet :D

Largely as above but also worth establishing what the food source and access points are that they use as if you kill them but holes and food still exist in accessible spots then another lot will move in.

Alternatively you could knit them all tiny slippers so they don't make as much noise running about and all live in peace and harmony.

Latest posts

Back