Why did I ever use anything else?

Tad

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Because it's what came installed on my pooter! :evil:

My craptop died a death last night and I remembered a thread about linux puppy on here. I ambled into work with a blank CD and I'm back online! It's amazing, the laptop runs faster than it ever used to and even an idiot like me managed to get it working :shock: nothing short of stunning!

I just thought I'd start my Linux Puppy evangelizing here.

Repent ye windows users...

He's using a Linux operating system instead of Windows operating system

which is something I want to do on a rather old PC I have lying about, to see if I can do it & how much better it is.

brings a tear to my eye , welcome fellow convert :D im on xubuntu myself

have you noticed how many windows related questions theres been lately :LOL:

what gui ( graphic user interface ) does puppy run ? gnome , kde , other ?

abiword will do anything word wouldhave

have a look in the respositories for a programe called firestarter ( thats your new firewall )

gimp ( gnu image manipulation program ) is your new FREE photoshop

Andy B":14yp2ikj said:
...which is something I want to do on a rather old PC I have lying about, to see if I can do it & how much better it is.

Give it a go, at worst you'll waste a bit of time and a CD. It's really not that difficult, even getting online was simple.

perry":3cvvuqu8 said:
brings a tear to my eye , welcome fellow convert :D im on xubuntu myself

Group hug? It's like finding the brothers I never knew I had! Like finding Retrobike all over again...

its great when you turn it on and you know nothing is from microsoft :LOL:

what are your plans for it ? going to keep it light or just find what you need to use ?

this is a good read ( or just watch stephen fry :D ) http://www.fsf.org/

I keep meaning to put Puppy on a stick and try it out.

But I did think think was going to be a SS thread :)

I've got SLAX on a mini CD and openSUSE on a seperate hdd and use raid to choose a boot drive. I must admit I use windows much of the time purely because of the software support for some of the games I run. I love Linux though, being open source means there are so many novel programs and add-ons.

Back