Whats your ultimate ambition?

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Regular afternoon at work today, fitting out the new workshop and the phone rang. The following 30 seconds probably changed my life. I can't say anything at the moment as a few things need ironing out- but it looks like my lifes ambition is about to come true- something I have dreamt of since childhood. I almost wept with joy and it's still not sunk in yet.
So whats the thing you most want to do before you die?

Si

Sounds intriguing!

for me, more of the same :D

Or things I've not been able to do again since having kids - e.g. snowboarding.

Dr S":3nqdhffy said:
Regular afternoon at work today, fitting out the new workshop and the phone rang. The following 30 seconds probably changed my life. I can't say anything at the moment as a few things need ironing out- but it looks like my lifes ambition is about to come true- something I have dreamt of since childhood. I almost wept with joy and it's still not sunk in yet.

Si

My dream..........................retire!

Fair play for you Dr s if it comes off.

Dr S":24gw95bt said:

Si

Congrats dude! Please for you, whatever it is ;)

I want to own my own business. A lot.

One day......

best of luck fella :D

strangely id quite like to own a rock club in torquay ( without the overheads of course :LOL: ) spend all night high on intoxicants and all day high at the trails with mates

but ill settle with getting back into the bicycle mechanic thing as long as i dont have to answer to anyone . although i could see myself being one of the old guys always grumbling about the new stuff

hmm have you been asked to spanner on a race team full time ?

Pickle":g51px77v said:
Dr S":g51px77v said:

Si

One day......

x2 that here :D

congrats dude! :LOL:

Pickle":3wvmoue6 said:

One day......

Whats stopping you? just go for it!

I lost my job in the last recession in the early 90's and sure there has been some tough times when if it had not been for my friends bailing me out I would have ended up in the gutter- but hell yes, I've got by and wouldn't change a thing. Easily best thing that ever happened to me.

Just take a big breath and go for it!

Si

Congrats mate....hope it pulls off....whatever it is :?

Been thinking hard about opening my own wine shop...risky....but hell, I could a better job than most and the indies seem to be fairing better than the multiples at the moment. Anyone got £100K spare?

Dr S":1t84l3b3 said:
Pickle":1t84l3b3 said:

One day......

Whats stopping you? just go for it!

I lost my job in the last recession in the early 90's and sure there has been some tough times when if it had not been for my friends bailing me out I would have ended up in the gutter- but hell yes, I've got by and wouldn't change a thing. Easily best thing that ever happened to me.

Just take a big breath and go for it!

Si

fully agree with Si. Just go for it Jon!

Back