Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:49 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:44 pm 
Old School Grand Master

I used to ride a bright pink Dawes Galaxy with a bottle cage mounted klaxon. :shock:
Gave a few motorists brown pants with that, I can tell you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 pm 
Posh Mark
Posh Mark

Get some of these:

They'll only do it once. :twisted:

I've had my fair share of funking idiots not looking where they are going. So infuriating :twisted: :twisted:

I too share your feelings - now its got me thinking of therapy :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:12 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

mirrors ? nah , not very cool around here :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:24 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

i think all car deiver s who are physically capable should be made to ride a bike on the road for a week every now and again to remind them how bad things are.

cyclists should be more aware too, a mate was knocked off his bike last year by a car doing about 40mph in a country lane. he had a small reflective strip on his trousers and a flashing led and that was it. now i'm certainly not saying he was askinfg for it but hi viz stuffs pretty cheap.

i once very nearly took out a guy on a bike a few years ago. dont think i could have lived with myself if i'd have hit him. that episode certainly slowed me down permanently

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:22 pm 
Retro Guru

Xesh wrote:
perry wrote:
and how bad is this , there isnt even anyone you can directly shout at

You think that's bad? At least it's only there temporarily. The idiots around here can't even design cycle lanes properly. There's quite a few with lampposts smack in the middle of the cycle bit! :roll: It seems like the people who design them don't even know the area or haven't been shown pics of it!

I'll get some pics. :wink:

http://warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/

Facility of the month page, sir!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:00 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

how does posting a picture of a disregard to cyclists spur comments about it being badly designed :? its just an example of cyclists being regarded as lower road users compared to cars by others

heres a picture of a badly thought out lane and its one you wont find on any list of "cycle lanes paved with glass , going through devil worshiping heroin addicts needle covered bedrooms "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:25 am 
Retro Guru

What are you on about? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:00 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

dont worry about it , just ignore me like the majority :lol: its just my mental demise :oops:

anyone seen this ( bear in mind this is one of those things you read and get left with a feeling of anger and hate but with nowhere to vent it )

http://www.bikeradar.com/blogs/article/ ... onds-20241

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:26 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

:shock: They are some crazy people out there.
I had a similar one years ago....its too long a story...but essentially I was nudged off my bike by Mrs Angry (Mr Fat, Stupid and Drunk Angry was the passenger)......spat at when they drove past, and then they tried to knock my off as I filtered past them in heavy traffic.
Unfortunately my fist slipped off my handlebars....smashed into their wing mirror which promptly fell off their car (yes, I was impressed :lol: ).
Bit of a cat and mouse chase ensued ..... then the police got involved...I was arrested for criminal damage. :roll:
The sargeant at the Police Station was a decent chap though. Took my mug shots and fingerprints etc. Listened to both parties recount of the days events
and prompty threw all my details in the bin.
Of course I had to promise to pay for the mirror....they're still waiting for the cheque :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:21 pm 
Retro Guru

I had to bail out the other day and hop onto the empty pavement otherwise lorry would have crushed me against the barrier. Mrs Stuipd standing outside waitrose having a fag had the cheek to shout at me for using the pavement. I carried on but then got so pissed off and went back to give her a piece of my mind. Even after telling that it was either using the empty pavement or getting crushed she still had the cheek to say that I should not have cycled on the pavement. I should have stopped and walked!!!

I've had a few run in's with cars not giving enough room. My worst offence is driving past you in heavy slow moving traffic and then pulling over so far to the left when the traffic stops again you can't get past. I usually bash my way past and scratch the rear wing of the car with the bars. If they complain then a quick knee to the wing mirror usually shuts them up. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next