Using Western Union

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone used this for uk to usa transactions. Im trying to organise a suitable transaction for a new frame but he will only take Western Union (as opposed to paypal which Id prefer).

The recipient is a forum member but Western Union still makes me a bit nervous as it offers no protection for anyone.

Anyone have any experiences with WU?

never had any experiences but all I've ever heard is negative in terms of lack of protection... that may be doing them a disservice, but I can only go by what I hear, and no comeback would worry me.

and as my mum used to say, never spend/lend more than you can afford to lose!

so I'd go on the assumption that it might be a fraud and write it off, and be happy when it isn't!! :roll:

as soon as you deposit the money in the guys name he can collect it. the WU scam is that people tell you the money is safe until you give them the magic number, and thats not true, as soon as you give the money to WU and he rocks in with id it's his..

its no safer than sending cash..

ask him if you can bank transfer, it might cost you £12 but at least you can chase him afterwards if he isnt kosher.

Had a bad experience with WU.. Got ripped off and will never touch it again.. It was **only** GBP40 but a loss is a loss..

This is where Paypal redeems itself ;)

It costs US$25 to remit an international payment to a US Bank..? Can be done tho..

Back