Anyone got a Samsung NC10?

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Thinking of getting on of these with an extra Gb RAM upgrade. Anyone got one already? Is fitting the RAM a job for a competent incompetent?

I bought one yesterday.
Nice, and the battery lasts for hours!
Haven't tried to upgrade the RAM, though. 1GB is enough for XP.

chris667":3gbco6mm said:
I bought one yesterday.
Nice, and the battery lasts for hours!
Haven't tried to upgrade the RAM, though. 1GB is enough for XP.

Thanks Chris. How much if you don't mind me asking. PM if you don't want to shout it out. I can't find it as cheap as a magazine reckons I should. I wanted to ask you a touring question anyway.

I have a had my NC10 since October and have 2 GB of ram upgrade fitted from Crucial. It was about £18. It does make a noticable difference but is by no means essential.
NC10 is great by the way, the keyboard is almost as big as my regular laptop and the screen is ace. I use mine purely for travel an can easily watch two films on a flight off the harddrive.Saves me watching kids films on longhauls.
The battery is good for about 7 hrs surfing with the screen set on normal light.

I work for a Samsung approved supplier, I had one on trial at the start of the year, great bit of kit at a reasonble price, when the first batch was out Samsung were voiding warranty on units upgraded to 2gb - not sure this is still the case though.

I'm in the market for one of these as well,

been shopping around , watching the prices. I believe the nc20 is due out

very shortly so the 10 (should) come down in price , iirc the 20 has a bigger

screen so not quite as portable .

But the 10 is the one i will be buying (when i get permission ;) )

Anyone got any links, im really wanting to spend less than £280 for it :roll:

Gary C

Best I have found is around £300. PC Advisor reckons on £280 but I haven't found on for that with the VAT on.

enid_puceflange":2xhpjtji said:

Gary C

Current exchange rate has pushed these all up to over £300 :cry: you won't get one for less.

clunker":gc1tgiuf said:
enid_puceflange":gc1tgiuf said:

Gary C

Current exchange rate has pushed these all up to over £300 :cry: you won't get one for less.

makes sense actually mate...........

SO.............................................

How much would you be able to "purchase " one for at staff rates and sell on

to two fellow "Retro" members who are after them ?? ;) :cool:

Have a look for Dixons voucher codes online. They are £309 on their website but often have 10% off codes or free delivery etc.

Back