Postage to Oz

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone know of a cheap service to Australia from the UK? I took a set of forks in a standard fork box to the PO and Parcel Farce quoted £55!

Anyone had any experiences doing similar?

Pete

If you can, make the box smaller. It goes more on volume rather than weight, although posting lead would be quite expensive :D
It only cost me £6.50 to post a coil-over rear shock, which wouldn't be far off the weight of a pair of P2's.

It cost me about £16 to send a set of rigid forks to Australia as a small air mail package. Standard non insured though.

OrangeRetro":cx8dn8ah said:
It cost me about £16 to send a set of rigid forks to Australia as a small air mail package. Standard non insured though.

Cheers fella, was that a standard PO thing, and did you use a standard size fork box? Thanks again,

Pete

if its a suspension fork the take it apart to make it smaller,ignore the parcel force website,take it to the PO and send it as a small packet,thats if you can make it small enough.....

pete_mcc":iym0bzm5 said:
OrangeRetro":iym0bzm5 said:

Cheers fella, was that a standard PO thing, and did you use a standard size fork box? Thanks again,

Pete

I packed it up using some pipe lagging that I'd received another set of forks in, so if anything it probably weighed a little more then if I'd just put it in a box. The size of the parcel was what you would probably expect from a set of forks. I just packed them up, took them down to the post office and got them to explain the options and prices.. The guy I sent them to was happy with the basic service.

The best way to make it light and small as possible, to wrapped the forks with bubble wrap (big air bubble type), go around a few times then cut thick cardboard to shape of forks on top and bottom, finally extra strong tape wrapped it all together.

This should work ok, hope this will helps.

FYI Pete, the forks that OrangeRetro sent were to me :)

If Royal Mail is anything like OZ post, most of the staff have no idea what they're doing anyway

Andy :cry:

Latest posts

Back