Isis BB/crank removal Q? - Answered :)

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
how the hell to i get the cranks off my bloody dmr? :evil: its got a truactiv gigapipe bb and dmr cranks clearly my crank remover for square taper doesnt work so what? do i need to but another tool or am i being REALLY thick?

the first answer that is a proper "i know how" type post wins a special, very naff, non-bike related prize from my shop :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

yes you need a new tool, they look almost identical but the ID of the ISIS tool is a slight fraction larger than the ID of the older square bracket tools.

It really is silly as its such a minute difference, the ISIS tool still works fine on square brackets.

JeRkY":12ny8fdh said:
yes you need a new tool, they look almost identical but the ID of the ISIS tool is a slight fraction larger than the ID of the older square bracket tools.

It really is silly as its such a minute difference, the ISIS tool still works fine on square brackets.

you win!!! PM sent

got anything long and thin to put in the hollow of the bottombracket ?

not that , its illegal :LOL:

long bolt without a head ? broken screwdriver ?

just something to make up the diameter so you can use your tool to press against that instead of the bottombracket

perry":35dbfu43 said:
just something to make up the diameter so you can use your tool to press against that instead of the bottombracket

Something like a small coin maybe? :D

Wont help, from memory the problem is when screwing in the unattached cup of a cartridge isis BB, the tool will only go so far before the axle bottoms out on the tool, meaning the cup can not be fully tightened. This is because the OD of the axle on an ISIS unit is a smidgen larger than that of the square tapered end of a square taper BB, and the ID of the tool isnt quite large enough to accommodate the difference.

Back