Computer help

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
What is the difference between the different anti-virus. I run Norton. Would MacAfrie be better? Or are they all the same just a different box?

avg avast antivirus , free and brilliant

the thing with antivirus is the nasty people who make the viruses will put effort in to work around the antivirus software from the likes of norton and mcafee because a lot of people use them

perry said:
avg avast antivirus , free and brilliant

Oh dear I paid £35 for Norton :( Is does work. I've seen it catch. Will look at 'avg' don't know about them

the best cure is prevention

dont open email attachments

firefox is more secure than internet explorer

i use a plugin for firefox that stops all the scripts of a web page , i just set sites i trust to allow what i want :D avoiding all those ads and crap at the sides of most sites

my cookies are turned off most of the time and i delete them if i do have to go to a site that requires them

firefox also tells me if a site is known for clickjacking ( where you are on a page , click the screen and another window opens with a shite site )

but the best thing for me is i dont use windows anymore , im only on linux . i still have avast but only so i dont pass on any virus to another computer .

but sadly theres no one foolproof bit of software that will protect us from everything outside this site . its just a collection of things to help prevent them

You could always run open source (free) Lynux instead of Windows and that cuts out 99.99% of viruses straight away!

stew-b":3sfchmgc said:
......norton and macafee both slow your pc down a huge amount..

That's how they work! They slow down your PC so much that it doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run a virus. :LOL: :LOL: :p

perry":1pky4zkn said:
i use a plugin for firefox that stops all the scripts of a web page , i just set sites i trust to allow what i want :D avoiding all those ads and crap at the sides of most sites

That sounds to me like NoScript. One of the best, and most necessary, Firefox add-ons imo. :cool:

yep thats the one no scripts :cool:

also i dont keep any password stored because sadly theft is always a possibility

Back