Cycle Car rack

POR73R

Dirt Disciple
Can anyone recommende a good place to buy a cycle racks for my car i have seen loads but dont want to end up with something rubbish. what have you got?

I got mine for £14 from sainsburys a year ago (yes I was a little supprised to find it still on my car after the first journey)

On a similar note, can any one recomend a bike rack for a 2 seat convertable...BMW Z4/Porsche Boxster... Im thinking of treating my self to a new toy.

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/

These people were very competitive when I bought my roof mounted carriers. I got the altera one which I highly recommend.

I have seen a lovely set of roof bars on a Porsche boxster. They are aluminium and follow the line if the window tops. Look very nice an must be a Porsche part and probably quite pricey. Not sure if the roof can go up and down though.

Attachments

• Boxster.jpg
    Boxster.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 845
I have a Thule roof mounted rack. The 591 or something. It fits the alloy roor bars geat. Fitted to a Laguna estate with roof rails. Mine came from the roofbox company too and has been great for a couple of years. It is a bit pricey though Approx 70quid per bike plus the bars but well worth it. Much better than having the bike haning on the back for people to crash into.

mikefoster":koesitt5 said:
I have a Thule roof mounted rack. The 591 or something. It fits the alloy roor bars geat. Fitted to a Laguna estate with roof rails. Mine came from the roofbox company too and has been great for a couple of years. It is a bit pricey though Approx 70quid per bike plus the bars but well worth it. Much better than having the bike haning on the back for people to crash into.

I have the Thule Aero bars (591 or 571's) on my Audi A6 Avant, mounted off the alloy roof bars.

I bought the Halfords Pro bike carriers as they were 2 for £80 and the Thule ones were £70 each as you said. I couldn't cough up the nearly £300 for a fully Thule system as much I would have liked to, £230 odd quid was enough!

Thread topic got my hopes up.

Was I about to witness a combination of super-human strength and industrial grade engineering.

How was he going to mount his car to his bike and still be able to ride it?

Oh, it's the other kind of rack. Damn you sentence syntax, you are a cruel mistress.

Lessons for all here.

Jim

Back