ok here's a good one the british national party

cannondale king

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
what are your thought's on this party there policies and there outlook on Great Britian any opinion welcome as long as its not to extreme thats for and aganist :?:

Deluded, insular, racist, bigoted, out of touch extremists who stir up tension and wouldn't be allowed to express their views in many countries because they are so outrageous.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

How's that?

cherrybomb":1fd0ba1s said:
Deluded, insular, racist, bigoted, out of touch extremists who stir up tension and wouldn't be allowed to express their views in many countries because they are so outrageous.

How's that?

what he said

legrandefromage":ul13upl3 said:
cherrybomb":ul13upl3 said:

How's that?

what he said

What they said!

It does not matter what we think of them, the important thing is that in this country you have the right to those views if you so wish. That is something to be very appreciative of, a lot of people died defending that.

Did they really die defending that right? Or did the men in 2 World Wars die defending their homes and loved ones more so than an ideology? The BNP are hateful and although you cannot kill an idea you can certainly out law a political party to avoid people who hold those views being allowed to hold public office.

I had a bank account in France with the BNP but I believe that the famous Paris bank is unassociated with Griffin and his morons.

mtbfix":15us0b12 said:
Did they really die defending that right? Or did the men in 2 World Wars die defending their homes and loved ones more so than an ideology? The BNP are hateful and although you cannot kill an idea you can certainly out law a political party to avoid people who hold those views being allowed to hold public office.

I had a bank account in France with the BNP but I believe that the famous Paris bank is unassociated with Griffin and his morons.

People died protecting their homes and families yes but also protecting a free society where we have free speech. The fact that you find the BNP unsavoury is not sufficient grounds to ban them. Whats next? Anyone that disagrees with you? Who made you god? Slippery slope.

cherrybomb":3mkd92zu said:
....and wouldn't be allowed to express their views in many countries because they are so outrageous...

And that's the exact reason why we need them. The existence of extreme groups in this country, be they racist, religious, animal rights or what ever, ensures the continuation of our enviable, liberal human rights.
Banning groups like that will be the quickest route to a total nanny/police state where we are told what to think. Without extremes it can become difficult to tell what normal and decent should be, or to use the words of the Devil in South Park 'without bad there can be no good, so it must good to be evil some days'

Personally there existence is always proof that something is failing in the mainstream parties as these 'one trick pony' parties only appear when people believe they are not being listened or catered to and want to make their voices heard. They go hand in hand with economic down-turn, job loss or other similar factors.
Just look at the areas where they have a hold, everyone a poor area- low employment, low education, low social mobility. But these are the exact areas that immigrants find themselves being dumped in because of 'middle englands' NIMBY attitude. Add these two factors together and divisive groups like the BNP will then turn the whole thing on it's head and blame the immigrants for the areas problem.
What needs to be done is for the government to spend in these areas rather than appeasing middle england all the time.

As a side note, I am more scared of white middle class, educated labour/tory voters who start a sentence with the words 'I'm not racist but...' . It's the daily mail reader who scares me as they are as bigotted but have power, in comparison the BNP has nothing

pete_mcc":1rcxuccm said:
As a side note, I am more scared of white middle class, educated labour/tory voters who start a sentence with the words 'I'm not racist but...' . It's the daily mail reader who scares me as they are as bigotted but have power, in comparison the BNP has nothing

:LOL: :LOL: It's true, Daily Mail readers scare the sh*t out of me!

Latest posts

Back