Doesn't it **** you off?

choppstar10

Dirt Disciple
How can the the numptys of the world still be in jobs when educated people in the design industry as with many others are now on the bones of their arses?

Also after ten years of paying national insurance, now I find myself out of work because I was self employed, I can't get a penny from the government.

Has anyone else found themselves in this ridiculous situation.

PS can anyone give me a job nr watford? I haven't bought any bike bits for ages!???

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry for the rant!

What sort of design are you in, if it is in the engineering spectrum I can give you some contacts who have recently been excellent at sorting me out a new job.

Yeah cheers, it actually model design, designing and making prototype models before manufacture.

I use CAD/CNC stuff also along with old fashioned turning and machining, pretty cool but the industry has just crashed (like many i suppose).

I applied for a job a couple of years ago for Specialized bikes for prototyping parts and testing, probably dream job, well for Kona would be better!

Would be cool just to get working again.

Anything would help!!

I'm not in design but I was made redundant this morning after 17 years :(

Oh well, time to find something else to do :mrgreen:

Problem is we're hearing it every day with all the companies going bust.

The only good thing is I should be able to claim something off the so-called government :evil:

choppstar10":eg3xrirx said:
Yeah cheers, it actually model design, designing and making prototype models before manufacture.

I use CAD/CNC stuff also along with old fashioned turning and machining, pretty cool but the industry has just crashed (like many i suppose).

I applied for a job a couple of years ago for Specialized bikes for prototyping parts and testing, probably dream job, well for Kona would be better!

Would be cool just to get working again.

Anything would help!!

I may be able to assist, CAD is a major part of my CV too, what package (s)do you work in. I am for the most part Solidworks based and had been applying for a number of CAD type roles.

PM me some details and I can pass on your details to a few people.

I certainly know of a fairly well paid solidworks contract available up north...as I am just about to stop working on it due to other commitments.

Also check out the Medical industry, I have been in it for5 years or so now, but bar a recent blip at my last company (reliant on investor money...which there isnt a lot of), the market tends to be fairly insulated from market conditions. And theres quite often requirements for prototypers/CAD draughtsmen etc.

Back