cytech

perry

Retrobike Rider
i figure theres at least one or two professionally trained mechanics here so thought id ask firstly what is the best qualification for a british cycle mechanic ? is it cytech ?

its about time i got some kind of bit of paper to say im competent enough to take a spanner to a bike :LOL: i used to manage a shop but lacked the certification ( naughty :oops: ) but it was the only job i enjoyed so it would be nice to be able to do it again

is the one theory worthwhile considering i can do it while at home ? and covers the british standard 6102-1

http://www.thecyclingexperts.co.uk/cyte ... ne-theory/

can i move straight onto technical 2 without completing the practical of one ?

and most of all how competent do you need to be to complete the assessment only ? after all i dont want to be paying over a grand to have someone tell me something i learned 15 years ago :LOL:

i might have some stuff up for sale soon to fund it :LOL:

As far as I am aware Cytech is the 'standard'. BikeShopOwner would probably be able to tell you more though ;) Theres a couple of guy in the shop who are doing it now. They were advised by the instructor (?) to go in at Level 2. There is a fair chunk of paperwork to do but if you have been doing it for the last 15 years you should breeze through. It is mainly stuff like Workshop safety etc. They haven't done the proper assessed bit yet so I can't really help you there.

cheers

dont supose theres a copy of bs 6102:1 knocking about anywhere no one is using is there ? :LOL:

CannondaleKings your man on this one. He's just completed all this malarky. give Dan a pm and i'm sure he'll fill you in.

Back