help on original spec please?

flippjf2

Devout Dirtbag
hi, just purchased a 96 (i think) gt tequesta, blue paint with the white detail. I after some help on the original spec/parts to re-juvenate it to original spec. Some mechanics at the local cycle shop think its vertually standard with rudy fron suspension forks and a mixture of suntour/shimano gruppo. Can anyone direct or list the original spec so i can start sourcing and building/replacing. It does have V brakes which Im not sure they had back in the day?

cheers

Are you sure it's a Tequesta?

It certainly doesn't sound like a '96 they were a two colour fade and Tequestas had rigid forks.

Suntour gear sounds more like early '90s I know GT used it on some bikes. Does it have a U brake?

What you have sounds more like a Timberline which came in blue with white decals in 96 and were fitted with a Judy C. But they had STX I think. :?

thanks guys, yep definately a tequesta, dark with white splatter, not a timberline as i had one of those too! i may have the year wrong, it doesnt have a U brake, V brakes not cantilevers. mixture of suntour and shimano and rox shox indy forks,525 cro mo frame......i remember my old timberline had the 500lx gruppo, and the tequesta was one up from that????

cheers for all help so far

my mate just found me 14" outpost, i still havent looked up the year yet but i have stripped it and only want the frame and forks for my daughter. i can dig out the group set for you if you like. pm me if intrested. im not sure of the condition, some surface rust it think

lumos, sounds good, let me know what bits you have, what condition and pics etc and ill have a look!-look forward top it!
Cheers
PJ

Latest posts

Back