Any San Andreas experts in da house ?

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
About to get a spanking San Andreas :cool: , been considering forks, it's a year 2000 model, were these made to suit super long modern forks ?, initially considered using my Z1 Bombers but having second thoughts about 4" of travel on the front with 7" on the rear.

Guy in my local Halfords has offered me a set of tripple clamp 170mm Junior T's, would these be suitable ?

Would i be better looking for forks around 120-140mm ?

Found this on the net, is it my imagination or do these forks look too long :?

toolong.jpg

do you mean too long in travel for the frame or too long for a single crown ?

its scary how much travel they are making single crown forks with these days

the junior ts would be era and typical build spec correct but do you want triple crowns ? it would look better with single crown long travels unless you specifically want parts from that year

i saw some mr ts go for £17 a few days ago , id have had a sneaky bid but i dont have a need for them :LOL:

With the above pic i was thinking too long for the frame, reminds me of an easy rider style chopper :LOL:

Not really fussed about using triple crowns (frame comes with the protectors for running them) just dont want the bike looking like Peter Fonda should have been riding it back in 71 :LOL:

Then again long travels are designed for 2-3" of sag once the rider is on.

The Junior T's are cheap as they are needing serviced, they are a through axle though which i dont really fancy :roll:

" like Peter Fonda should have been riding it back in 71"

a mate who rides fmx was using the same technique to carry smokables to and from the rest of europe when he was doing competitions :LOL:

im sure a mate had a san set up more for xc with shorter single crowns , but my memory isnt reliable in relation to time

you can get 5in out of the z1s though

Back