Another ebay rant

missmyfat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Some of you may remember I posted a thread about the frame i won on evilbay was not posted for a week after auction end. Some good advice recieved about being patient and it will worth it etc.
Well today i recieved a Yeti ASR-SL and excited opened the box.
Oh dear........... :cry:
The condition is described as very good and excellent with minor scratches to the stays. The carbon chainstays and alloy seatstays are not excellent they have been whipped!
I suspect that this is not a 2007 as listed but a 2006. Can anyone confirm the definite differences?
The best for last, its listed as a small (am only a short arse) but measures up as a medium so too big for short stuff here! The frame number contains a M, is this also for medium?
Seller ,naturally, is completely un-coperative and will not refund. :twisted:

did you pay with pay-pal ?
if so start a dispute.
also only buyers can now leave feedback. so message him saying its totally not as described, it borders on fraudulent selling and if he doesnt sort out a full refund or some sort of compensation then you will leave negative feedback.
you dont really have many other options. :cry:
but if it is genuinly that bad then pay-pal should help you out .
cheers

magicmistertea":31973suo said:
did you pay with pay-pal ?
if so start a dispute.
also only buyers can now leave feedback. so message him saying its totally not as described, it borders on fraudulent selling and if he doesnt sort out a full refund or some sort of compensation then you will leave negative feedback.
you dont really have many other options. :cry:
but if it is genuinly that bad then pay-pal should help you out .
cheers

Have done above and seller is refusing refund. Have sent pics showing head tube and seat tube measurements that show its a medium and pointed out that i am qualified engineer and can use tape measure. She has since insulted me and said she has seen a demo bike and it was bigger than hers :roll: . Its a woman! I am doomed. ;)

that sucks , lets have a pic anyway

ill air my little ebay rant while were here

bought a road frame friday for the princely sum of 99p :LOL: from a shop no less so messaged saying could i pic up saturday and to expect me and i got a reply saying fine . drove all the way out to find they wernt open :roll:

now ive run a shop so i know all too well how hard it is being there on a slow saturday :LOL: so figured it was karma kicking my arse but they couldave hung around as they were expecting me

messaged when i got home and it turned out they hadnt opened at all sat due to lack of staff :( i shouldave phoned really before leaving but you kinda expect a shop to be open dont you

Hhmmm is a difficult one isnt it , For starters Id be buggered if Id part with £450 without seeing it first to be honest :?

Its the shoe on the other foot thing isnt it ... We had someone the other day as the seller with the same problem ... The answers that people were giving were things like did they as more specific questions , more photos etc?

It certainly isnt a great situation to be in :cry:

Looks good from the photos, if the one I am looking at is the same....but no close-ups. If it isn't as described I'm afraid you will just have to proceed with an Ebay dispute.
They pretty much always side on the buyer, BUT, if the seller empties their paypal account I'm not sure what else you can do :?

I just got my money back on a frame misdescribed and also with knackered BB shell threads via paypal dispute, but I still had to pay for frame to be returned to seller so was still £8 out of pocket. Took about a month to sort from start to finish.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yes the offending item. The seller really is a piece of work, she expected me to take it to a dealer for proof its the wrong size.
I will be speaking to evolution tomorrow with the frame number to try and get her to see sense. Now ignoring my emails after seding pics with measurements. The last thing she said was "i am a scientist and much more qualified than you!" :roll: Then said she knows its a small because she once saw a medium her mate demo'd and it looked bigger. FFS! Good solid scientific evidence to base a theory on then! Muppet.
All the wrangling over condition and age almost pales into insignificance as its the wrong bloody size, thereby flaming useless. Awaiting the confirmation of frame number size then opening dispute as she has already stated she will not refund.

I think the law here as a consumer is on your side
I believe that you have a right to change your mind on any purchase within 14 days,i think this also includes ebay purchases

Never thought id say this---

Is there a solicitor in the house?

Back