My new purchase!

stevek

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here she is in all her splendour! The new Bertha.

New years day morning and the old un crapped out, not the best of timing eh..? Plumber couldn't come out for half a week and then when he got here he pronounced the thing dead :cry: .

New one installed, (one and a half days with the door open as he was in and out all day, brrrr) did his pressure test only to find a leak on each gas fire and a major leak from the kitchen hob, couldn't fix the hob so it was off to the shops for some more spending :cry: :cry:

Not a happy chappy, all that in bike money.

Attachments

• P1010124 (Medium).JPG
    P1010124 (Medium).JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,263
OOooo!! Is that a pre-trek boiler?? :p

Aye, they cost a fortune to sort out, but ye cannae dae withoot one.........and it's not recommended to pick up a 15yr old RetroBOILER on eBay!!

Lovely clean lines. Astonishingly expensive, aren't they? Every time I hear about plumbers' fees, I think I chose the wrong career. There were stories a couple of years back about city trader re-training. Bet there's a few wishing they had now.

I was nearly killed by the boiler at my parents' place when I was 16. Spent a day at 5 atmospheres in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber and missed my GCSE mocks as a result. Hooray!

Expensive indeed, when I converted that dough into bike parts it almost brought tears to my eyes. The Plumbers fees made me feel slightly light headed too.

If you could have heard the old one starting up (just before it finally threw it's hand in) you'd have thought you were under heavy gun fire or that someone had stepped on a land mine.

I feel that I perhaps shouldn't be asking this as it's bound to be pretty nasty - but... What the hell happened for you to spend a day in an hyperbaric chamber Russ?!

Best thing I ever did was have my old back boiler ripped out and a lovely new combi put in.

3 days of hell, brick dust, cold, noise, but more than worth it.

Best £2k I have ever spent.

A new Worcester boiler, a new rad in the lounge and a big rad fitted in the conservatory so we can use it all year.

This was recommended by the plumber as was the Worcester, he was a bit picky as to what he would fit and quite rightly too, i.e. not any old rubbish as it could affect his reputation.

He also moved it into the downstairs loo which freed up another cupboard for the Mrs, 'you can never have enough storage space' is one of her motto's. :roll:

Used Will from Simply Heating, he was recommended by the chaps at the Plumb Centre. He'd fixed the old one before and seemed like a decent bloke.

Back