Obscene! football content.

al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
As a life long Man City fan i am disgusted with the offer for Kaka of 107 million pounds and a weekly wage in the region of 600,000 pounds :shock:

Down here in Cornwall where i now live, we do not have a childrens hospice. One will be built when funds allow,i believe 5 million pounds which will be funded through charity. Or 2 months wages of city's wanted player.

If this deal goes through i will not be part of it! It pains me to say that i will never go to a city game again. I just can not condone this kind of waste for a football player.

Rant over! Sorry.

Al. :(

Football just boils my piss in general. Stupid game, greedy, moronic. These figures are just sick in these troubled times.
Our town was wrecked this summer by a flood, 600 houses ruined, almost 1800 people made homeless, countless businesses destroyed. The cost of flood prevention schemes that could have prevented all that misery was just 13 million. Like I say, it's sick.

Si

what really annoys me is that football teams are cutting their noses off despite their faces - I wanted to take my daughter to a match but it was too expensive. So where are the future fans going to come from now?

I understand Partick Thistle is doing kids for free - their gate is now full capacity (and even takings are higher because some paying adults that would not normally go are taking their kids) - why can't they all do that?

I can guarantee that except for rare occasions the stadia are not full every match - why not let kids in for free? :evil:

It'll all come tumbling down in the end I'm sure - just a shame they can't do this proactively rather than wait for it to happen.

I grew up supporting sheff wednesday. The players grew up and lived locally. I went to primary school with some of their kids. The feeling was you supported the team local to your community. Lads on the south side of the city were i guess, Blades with the same idea as us.

These days, the players no longer represent the town or locality. How many man u or chelsea players come from that town. Its manchester in name only and for the players I guess its like the London office bods who commute-in to work for HSBC or whatever - its just a well paid job, the company or location is irrelevant.

The sporting element has been replaced by big business. Revenue/costs and EPS rule ok. The players are commodities, the fans supplement the income and TV rights and sponsorship is king and the ground is just the shop floor. Might as well be making widgets amongst a great cloud of publicity.

These days, I dont even know whats happening to my local team and havent been to match since 1986.

it is a joke, but in all fairness football has been silly since the mid nineties.

wages and transfers are ridiculous and it's only going to get worse.

People who truly deserve decent money for what they do - carers, nurses, police, firefighters, ambulance peeps etc dont get it.

I've had the pleasure of dealing with a few non league footballers (conference) and they were less than pleasant. They think the sun shines out of their arse.

Dont get me wrong, i love football and always will but this is just one part of it i find stupid. I guess 80,000 seater stadiums only encourage more corn for the players though.

the player cant say he is going for the football , man city are close to relegation .

it is a joke .

They were saying the same things when Trevor Francis transferred for £1M back in 3 A.D. But, even as a city fan, it seems obscene given the current financial climate.

Bizarrely of all the "Dealings with the general public" stories I've heard, it's Beckham that seems to be the one coming with the most random acts of kindness. When he's not off knobbing his PA of course...

Ha ha ha. Another short term football moan. If Kaka came to MCFC and next season they won the league with 60 goals by said Brazilian they'd soon forget the heart ache of the signing.

Think someone's missing the point!

This is a disgusting waste of money. None of this money has been generated through football.This is a multi billionaire playing with our national game, like it or not!

As far as i can see city no longer have a manager, just a rich man having a laugh! i ain't laughing!!

Al.

Back