Calling all MacBook users ... Help required ..

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
After having recently got my MacBook from the repairers , my mother in law went on today whilst I was at work and messed things up :roll:

I dont know how shes done it, she does not know either :roll: :roll: :twisted: but somehow, the arrows at the top of the screen , that enables you to go forward or back have been changed to refresh and bookmark, any idea how I change these back if at all possible ? and also the cut and paste option does not seem to work either :shock: :roll:

Can anyone advise me please..

Cheers in advance

Si

Hmm, you don't say which specific application you're having trouble with, but regardless of that what you want to do is called Customise Toolbar. This is a standard thing to do within any Mac OSX application and has propagated to many/most 3rd party software.

It's almost always under the View menu, so pull that down once you've opened up the troublesome app. It sounds like you're having trouble with a browser and it's definitely there for Safari:

View -> Customise Toolbar ... (5th item down)

Likewise for Finder but it's the 7th option down.

However, you mention Cut/Paste and they're generally not icon options. They are for Firefox though and in that case you want:

View -> Toolbars -> Customize ...

Hopefully that'll get you sorted but feel free to PM me if not.

Good luck!

Go here...

3194337005_ae3dba92af_o.png

....and then here...

3194337177_c6554a6e0c_o.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, thats helped loads,, :) sorted the forward/back options.. much appreciated, the only thing I am confused about now is that, if I open a new tab up and try and cut something from this tab(window), then try and paste it into another tab/window, its not copying it across.. ? Any ideas... I have looked at the previously mentioned 'customized toolbar' tab, but there seems no options to turn off or turn on ? although I am able to cut and paste in the open tab? (used window) hope you understand what I mean :)

Si

BTW using Mac OS X version 10.4.11

Back