there was alot of swearing in the workshop today

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
my newly rebuilt clockwork, spent ages getting the bits i wanted for it, getting it painted, making sure everything worked well, and then riding it.

but today the most awful thing happened to it . . . i dropped a tool . . . 2 big chunks of paint out of the centre of the toptube.

i'm so pissed off with myself. :(

i don't mind the scratches of battle but this kind of stuff gets on my tits! :x

other than that, did quite well today, fitted the xtr m900 sti units to the explosif and am lacing the m900 hubs to some NOS sun rims, fitted some repro dart/smoke tyres to the old clockwork, built the bar assembly and wheel package ready for the return of the aluminium O in a week or so, got a new raceface deus finishing kit for the 07 clockwork and fitted that.

so appart from the scratches it was a good day with 1 crap thing but unfortunately i can't help but focus on the crap thing! :x

(grand scheme of things i know it doesn't matter though)

Bad luck with your accident with the Clockwork but it's a pretty impressive list for a day in the workshop otherwise isn't it? - knocks spots of my workrate!

Its kind of a tradition for me to do that.

Back in '93 I'd had my Zaskar about a week when I put a ding in the downtube leaning it up against a lamp post. Couple of months ago, I put the finishing touches on my Duster, put it in the garage and another frame fell on it, denting the top tube.. Bah! I think it adds character :)

I'm not wise, I've just made more f**k ups than others. Like me you've just become a ZEN MASTER of not carrying 5 heavy tools in your hand above a delicate paintjob whilst tired and daydreaming.....for the rest of your life. Congratulations-ish.

not long enough ago ... I was in a workshop and while rolling my old singleseater off some small ramps I stood back and wallop put a crack in a ferrari bumper!!!! :oops: :oops:

problem is the shear obvious place the the chips are, centre, topside of the top tube, i'm really annoyed about it. :(

but yeah, a good day of building! :D

just finished lacing the m900 hubs.

plan for tomorrow is remove the veloce chainset from the condor and fit a record,leaving that bike full record. then all the veloce will go on the cougar! then i have to work out what bits i have left and suss out what bits i have for the proflex and the fausto coppi. i reckon i have almost a complete lot for the proflex and 1/2 a bike for the coppi.

oh and i have to go order a shed for all the gardening crap(to create more space in the garage for bikes! :D )

yep, its happed to me to. a couple of days after getting my new cove i lent it against a wall and it fell a wee bit, putting a massive chip along the top tube. wish i could say i did it doing a crazy jump or such, but no, i did it leaning my bike against a wall! tits! :?
at least the wheels still spin...

safe trails

james

I did similar on my new clocky,just built and i picked it up by the top tube,
The bars swung round and the barends took a nice sized chip off the paintwork
I hadn't even ridden it yet
My heart goes out to you on this :(
----------------------------------------------------------------
But if you want to hear a story of plain stupidity-
It's 1999 and ive just received my ceramic coated mavics[ 317 i think]and fitted to my cannondale
Me and a mate go for a 20m round trip down to Loch Lomond
We stopped for lunch and started skinning stones into the Loch ,i took a 3 step run and launched my rock ,but due to the fact i can't aim worth a damn,the rock struck my front rim taking with it a large piece of ceramic coating and denting the rim a little.
infuckincredible as the bike was to the side of me,i kind of threw it at a 45 degree angle :LOL: :LOL:

Zero Luck :(

The bars swung round and the barends took a nice sized chip off the paintwork

Thats the worse one .... Because we all know its happens and will happen yet we still let it happen :cry:

Latest posts

Back