Spur of the moment ride.

Andy R

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've been feeling a bit down and out of sorts lately, what with one thing and another (winter being one of the things, of course) and it's seemed a real effort to drag myself out on the bike. The last time I was out was last Friday (on my RM Blizzard) with my friend Mart for company, and although we covered some interesting terrain and it should have been a good ride for some reason it left me strangely dissatisfied and disillusioned with it all.
Anyway, this morning was spent cutting and splitting logs for firewood (yes, some of us still do stuff like that :eek: ) until around midday I noticed that the sun was actually shining (and it wasn't blowing a gale either).
So I quickly got my riding gear on, grabbed the P.B.S.S. (Platsa Blue Singlespeed) and headed up into the forestry. I was as happy as Larry and although I'd only intended to stay out about an hour I was out for over two (Sorry dear :oops:) .

A little bit of sun is amazingly good for the soul and so, I think, is that singlespeed of mine. So was being able to ride in shorts - I hate riding in "longs". Actually, while I was riding I got to thinking of how much I take for granted the gear I was using and wearing.
In no special order then, things I really get on with -

The P.B.S.S. (of course) Wonderful - I've said it all before anyway :cool:
Magura - for great forks and brakes
Panaracer Trailraker tyres - run them at low pressures like 25 PSI.
Endura shorts and shirts
Giro Xen helmets

I'm a lucky sod really, or more likely, just easily pleased - by some great riding locations, by the whole SS thing (simplicity, silence and ease of maintenance). That was what was wrong with the ride last Friday - I took the wrong bike :roll:

The only thing is I forgot my camera - next time then...

Know the feeling! SSing has made me horribly smug inside. Seing some people out on Sunday on full sussers and I thought to myself "you don't actually need half of that lot..."javascript:emoticon(':D')

Fortunately I didn't actually say it out loud.

hamster":1ofusbz1 said:
Know the feeling! SSing has made me horribly smug inside. Seing some people out on Sunday on full sussers and I thought to myself "you don't actually need half of that lot..."javascript:emoticon(':D')

Fortunately I didn't actually say it out loud.

Lugging 40lbs of bikes up those hills :roll:

Ask them where the engine goes
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back