I love CNC'd UK bike parts. 2009 Hope Mini X2 Pro

Cheers!

Dirt Disciple
So received these from http://www.wiggle.co.uk/

They were back ordered, but still shipped very promptly and qualified for free shipping. Sweet!

Here are the pics:

Picture010Medium.jpg

160mm Left hand lever, all bolts, all washers, no mounting bracket (most people use post mount these days)
Picture012Medium.jpg

Post Mount to IS adapter:
Picture014Medium.jpg

160mm Hope Floating Pro rotor (1.8mm thick I believe, so not the standard floating rotor)
Picture018Medium.jpg

140mm Right hand lever, all bolts, all washers
Picture023Medium.jpg

Post mount for rear brakes to frame (I haven't see a post mount rear frame yet) - same weight for the front and rear pic, hence same picture
Picture014Medium.jpg

140mm Hope Floating Pro Rotor
Picture026Medium.jpg

Tuning potential:
-Carbon Master Cylinder Reservoir cap from http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/
-Aluminum bolts for the levers (Hope supplies Ti)
-Ti or Aluminum washers (Hope supplies Stainless and really crappy quality ones)

And she is going to be fitted onto this:

2009 Lynskey M230 Semi Custom
-Level 2 tubing
-Top tube underside cable routing
-Shaped downtube
-Size M w/ modification of effective top tube length to 22.5"

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

Sub 17 lbs Titanium Hardtail
Picture5.jpg

not very retro... but I tried to keep the idea of boutique CNC'd parts and Titanium strong. I actually thought about stripping a lot of the anodizing off and getting a different seat post for 3dV

:LOL: I think you better leave that cost column empty :LOL: that frame is a stunner :cool:

kaiser":2s3wm7m2 said:
:LOL: I think you better leave that cost column empty :LOL: that frame is a stunner :cool:

Yes! One day I did a back of the envelope calculation on cost. I'm at 5000 CDN dollars. :shock:

Cheers!":313elqip said:

Nice frame! :cool:

Personally I'd have had the cable guides/stops on the side, or the top of the tube, as this makes it more comfortable to carry in the event it becomes necessary. Just my personal preference though.

Xesh":hkryl675 said:
Cheers!":hkryl675 said:

Nice frame! :cool:

Personally I'd have had the cable guides/stops on the side, or the top of the tube, as this makes it more comfortable to carry in the event it becomes necessary. Just my personal preference though.

Damn, that is a good point. I didn't even think of that. I went for underside for aesthetics as I saw a Kent Eriksen frame done this way and loved the look.

Here is the frame again

IMG_3049.jpg

I just received the bottom bracket. So here are some pics. I couldn't resist to go and install it because I was curious if I could get away with a 108mm wide ISIS bottom bracket.

So in support of my UK friends, here are some more UK made parts

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

I guess made in UK can only go so far. Because this Token Bottom Bracket is made in Taiwan. Lots of anti-seize was applied. You can never have enough antiseize when we are talking about freshly cut Titanium alloy and raw aluminum alloy trying to thread together.

IMG_3051.jpg

She barely fits!
IMG_3053.jpg

I hope there is no flex in the frame/bottom bracket/chain rings.
IMG_3055.jpg

I hope you guys don't mind me posting pics here. You guys seem like a cooler bunch compared to the guys over at the various weightweenie forums I frequent.

Looking forward to seeing this complete!

Your projected weight is around 2lb less than my Merlin Titanium S/S and you've got gears, front suspension and disc brakes! I wonder what I could get that down to if I built it with a choice of components rather than what I had knocking about ....

Did you look at the Moots frames as well? How do you think they compare to the Lynskey?

Back