Brake Adapter Ideas

MMcG

Retro Newbie
Hello - first post and I'm in need of some ideas.

I have an old Kona Fire Mountain that I am working on converting over to 700c wheels and using a Kona Project Two Cyclocross fork in front.

I was going to use a Mavic Brake Adapter for the rear wheel to move the v-brake posts up to the proper height, but they are out of stock right now until February at the earliest.

Are there any other adaptors (maybe from the BMX world) that would work?

Can anyone help with recommendations for how I can run V-s in back and not wait for the Mavic Adapter?

Thanks!

Mark

I got some which are not Mavic . Jones on this forum gave then to me so not sure how much or where he got them .

If it's going to be permanent, why not get a framebuilder to move them?
it wouldn't be that dear, although you'll lose some paint.
Failing that, after I wear out my current wheels the plan is to fit Sturmey Archer braked hubs on my tourer. No maintenance at all, although obviously you have to use a freewheel instead of a cassette and the performance isn't as good as cantis.

I want the ability to go back to 26" wheels or maybe even 650bs.

I think I found the solution via some FMF brake levers with 2.5" of pad adjustment on them. We'll see if they work.

Harryburgundy":2wvqjhde said:
How about some Paul Components BMX style V's.....multiple adjustment pad height...suits many different wheel sizes.

The FMF brake levers I mention above will hopefully do the same as the Paul's for a lot less. They feature 2.5 inches of pad adjustment. Should be enough to get the job done.

Thanks.

no idea on brand of my brake adaptator .

they are plain chrome .

The Pual V brakes have very long arms , hence the possibility of using them on bigger wheels .

Back