Has anyone done the Coast-to-Coast (Whitehaven to Tynemouth)

Grant

Dirt Disciple
Well as it says?

My manager at work is doing it for charity and has asked me to tag along, has anyone done it?

Record seems to be a little short of 10 hours in a single day, 110 miles.

We're probably going to do it over 2 days, seeing as the first day is a constant climb up to Alston!

Some friends and I did Robin Hood's Bay to St Bees off-road a few years ago. We took seven days and stopped in EVERY pub we passed. Waking up to a new day camped halfway up Helvelyn was one of the best feelings of my life. Beautiful.

Enjoy!

Ooooh be careful up Alston way- tis the place where my little red Alfa goes to slaughter the superbikes that roam the moor. :twisted:

Couple of my mates did it last year- took two days but they like plenty of beer. Give me a shout, I'll tag along on the last section if you like.

Si

thecannibal":1bakyehn said:
Some friends and I did Robin Hood's Bay to St Bees off-road a few years ago. We took seven days and stopped in EVERY pub we passed. Waking up to a new day camped halfway up Helvelyn was one of the best feelings of my life. Beautiful.

Enjoy!

Now you're talking- thats the true coast to coast route- Wainrights route I believe? great route indeed which I did in very early '90s on my Saracen. Similar thing, we broke it up into 4 weekends due to work and made the most of the pubs en-route. I lost a very very expensive Minolta SLR camera on that route-still makes me sick thinkng about it!

Si

A group of seven of us did the C2C in mid-winter 2004 dressed as old ladies. Not that I like to mention my charidee work...
There's a write up with pictures on our website here:
http://www.gogrannygo.co.uk/gogrannygo/ ... 2c/c2c.htm

We even got a five page article in Singletrack magazine.
Cracking ride though, do-able on a fully rigid singlespeed with cantis.
I'd also recommend using the Sustrans map.

Attachments

• 26.JPG
    26.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 769
Back