Turbo Trainer Help

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I hate turbo trainers but they are effective,at the moment I use mine 3-4 times a week,got a mag one now but even thats fairly noisy.

It may be possible to retro fit a fluid resistance unit but this may cost as much as a new trainer. Fluid trainers are the way to be quiet about your training regime when you are not man enough to set foot outdoors ;)

Yeah mine is pretty loud .... But neighbours are not a worry thankfully

I find it changes hell of a lot on the rpm you use ???

I've got a hypermag and that is pretty noisy. Dread to think how noisy a fan is.

I've put it on a rug that is on 1" of foam, which has quietened it a bit, as a lot of the vibrations were going through the floorboards. It is on the highest resistance setting so that the rpm is lower.

You could try making an insulated box to go around the fan, but it might get a bit hot.

I've got a conti trainer tyre, which was no quieter than a slick, but doesn't fall apart with the heat generated.

Hopefully my neighbours think it's the washing machine. I don't use it after 9pm.

i only use mine between 8 and 4 but ive had no complaints even though mines upstairs :LOL:

its about as basic as you can get too , a small flywheel on one end and a fan that looks a little too like a hamster wheel on the other

im sure i could knock one up cheap

i have a pc sat opposite and no doubt people walking past are sick of hearing peep show on the 4od player :LOL: ive missed the postie countless times and have been caught peering through the closed curtains by passers by at least 3 times :LOL:

Back