electricity bills

stew-b

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
trying to work out my electric bill.... according to npower my average daily use has gone from 1.3kwh last may to 13.5kwh now!
i have just got one of the owl electric monitors and cannot get anywhere near 13kwh let alone an average of 13!
does anyone else have a figure for thier average kwh useage?
thanks

it is a proper reading it says on the bill.i have literally just switched every single device and light on in my house,hoover and kettle too and got a peak of around 7.8kwh,to get an average of 13.5 i should be running like 24kwh!

Yes stew,but that hash in the loft is coming on a treat! ;)

With love,me. :D

stew-b":3hedbgzo said:
it is a proper reading it says on the bill.i have literally just switched every single device and light on in my house,hoover and kettle too and got a peak of around 7.8kwh,to get an average of 13.5 i should be running like 24kwh!

It might be their reading, but is it correct? check your meter yourself and see how it compares.

What does your heating/hot water use?

Our place is all electric, but even with the immersion, convection heater and oven on we wouldn't peak at anywhere near 13.5kwh. The hot water and storage heaters work from a differant rate and we don't bother to monitor those with our electricity monitor as they average at using very little.

We have three rates to our electricity plus the standing charge, but when I took the readings myself and worked out the bill it came to roughly what we'd been charged by eON based on the same readings.

i just checked it and it appears about right,have used 687 units since 11th nov so that about £90 in 2 months,they are estimating me to use £380 in 6 months so i shouldnt get anywhere near that,they have also tripled the amount of gas i used in 6 months for the next 6 months estimate,both of these 6 monthly estimates have raised my monthly payment from £76 to £145 :shock: boy are they going to owe me some serious money in 6 months time :LOL:

Tallpaul":352jp7gn said:
What does your heating/hot water use?

all gas inc oven,no immersion heater,it died 9 years ago and i borrowed the electric for my shower now.(which was also running in my test)
to get an average of 13.5 i would be running a small factory by the looks of it lol.

the only thing i havent tested yet is the very old and cheap washing machine(cause i dont know how to turn it on :LOL: )

Back