How obsessive are you....about cleaning your bike?

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just a thought...as I fitted a new chain yesterday and noticed the ring was a wee dirty....so I took the crank off, and ring, and cleaned it all.
Is this normal behaviour? :LOL:
PS When the bike gets really dirty it's a full strip and rebuild

Ermm? :oops:

Mine get a clean when you have to guess the frame colour. :D

OK it's not quite that bad, but they receive more of a wipe down than a clean unless they're really mingin'.

Then there's a full service and strip down twice a year (But probably only once this year 'cos I'm not doing much riding at the moment).

I take mine down to my local bike shop in PZ with fictitious problems, as i know John or Ian will give it a clean once it's up on the stand! ;)
In fact John cleaned my rear wheel today as i had play in the rear hub.
Works for me! :D

al. :D

ps The play was the lock ring not tightening up as it needed a spacer.no i didn't remove the spacer for a free wheel clean! :D

al":1xnahme9 said:
I take mine down to my local bike shop in PZ with fictitious problems, as i know John or Ian will give it a clean once it's up on the stand! ;)
In fact John cleaned my rear wheel today as i had play in the rear hub.
Works for me! :D

al. :D

ps The play was the lock ring not tightening up as it needed a spacer.no i didn't remove the spacer for a free wheel clean! :D

Lazy get ;) :LOL:

If my bike gets sh1tty it gets washed, cleaned and lubed even if it means after every ride and I'm sodden and freezing. If it's just dusty (harhar :roll: ) then it gets washed and lubed after a few rides. Every now and then I'll give 'em all a real good clean and polish.

I can't be arsed being a lazy get! Sounds like a job discription to me. ;)

Al. :D

Ive been told im pretty anal with my bikes :oops:

I just like to think I take good care of them? :?

Back