europe in a caravan

MAXTHEROTTI

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hi all due to my impending job loss im thinking that i should see this as a positive thing!!!!! :? lol
so have decided if it goes south (90% chance now) im going to have some fun!
me and the wife (o and max of course :LOL: ) are going to flog off all our crap (oops i mean quality stuff) and buy a big caravan :cool:
will then go off round europe in it.
so i will have to get friendly with the local farmers and work for rent (im a good mechanic and built like a mule so can labor well too) and just mooch around
should be a laugh i think and i will get to see loads of new places too.

any way does any one know the legalities of taking max round europe?
how long can i stay over there?
do i need a new passport ? mine has a couple of years on it

rob

UK is part of the EU, so there shouldn't be any restrictions on time. Being able to work should also be no problem. Not sure about the rotty...might depend on the country. As for the passport, how much time until it expires? You can always renew in a consulate/embassy. I get mine (Canadian) every 5 years in the consulate here.

lets face it .... who the hell is going to go into the caravan to get Max out ?? :shock: :LOL:

You'll need a pet passport for the hound - quite easy to get. Not 100% sure on the consequences of travelling between countries (eg: France to Germany) but I have a friend who regularly transports their dog between France and the UK - they just have to get sign-off from a vet when they do so.

My hunch is that it's just he UK that's fussy, but a google for Pet Passport will tell you all you need

Don't forget to pack your bikes ...

It's a great idea. In the rest of Europe, travellers are treated a lot better than they are by us in England.
Lots of bar work if you get down to Spain next summer if you get bored with labouring.

have all ready done the dog passport leg work (in fact he is all ready booked in for his shots and blood tests ;) )
i just think this country is fubar for jobs for at least the next 18 months and if i loose my job im not going to sit in a dole que moaning si see this as the kick in my pants i need to do something with my life :cool:
and as we cant have kids i dont see the point in getting all hung up the mortgage ladder and such like so if i cant sell the house will rent it out untill its worth something again.
just think this is something i should have done at 17 not 32 but there you go lol
and as for work i will put my hand to anything so think i should be sound
now need to learn a little spanish/french/italian lol :shock: :shock: :shock:

rob
ps its great to actually have a idea and not hearing any negatives ;)

ps its great to actually have a idea and not hearing any negatives

My dad had an idea to buy a Caravan in the summer, I went to conrnwall for the week leaving him with one job on ebay to get a bike for me ....He got a fu@king caravan :roll: we hate the bloody things ..always have.... the best was I had to drive to Hadrians wall to get the bloody thing... after 260 miles we collected the bloody box on wheels then at 60 mph had to drag it all the way back here here again which is where its sat since .....

Dont quite know the moral of this story apart from I still fuc@ing hate caravans and worse we have one on the drive!!! :twisted:

well thanks for that then daj :p :p :p :p :p
but to be fair i will be living in this van and will be moving around rural parts of europe so nice and steady will be the order of the day :cool:
will be nice to get off the hampster wheel for a while and let my legs catch up :roll:
no pressure life for a while :cool: bring on the redundancy lol

rob
ps any one want to buy a 3 bed semi with loads of land with it??

Probably not the best time to sell your house as:
1 It's hard to do at present
2 Prices are approaching bottom and you might not be able to buy the same size house if they start to roll in 3 years time or so.

But the idea of taking off does appeal! Why not go the whole hog and bike tour / tent it? Your cost of living drops to very low levels, no fuel, insurance, parking etc.

Back